Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

3 hours ago, The Waterboy said:

Seems like we can't catch a break. Had a great setup this past weekend with .50 to .75 QPF amounts and all it amounted to was a stupid cold rain.   Surely it has to go our way sooner or later.  

EDIT: Maybe the 18z GFS was an ever-so-slight tick in the right direction.  Still not holding my breath.  

You just get that feeling if we could ever get that 4-5" snow the flood gates would open and we'd start getting back to normal in this region.  Just can't get that monkey off our backs,  3 yrs is ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

You just get that feeling if we could ever get that 4-5" snow the flood gates would open and we'd start getting back to normal in this region.  Just can't get that monkey off our backs,  3 yrs is ridiculous. 

Is crazy isnt it, 3yrs now!! Tulsa says light rain over to light zr thursday sometime then over to snow/sleet mix...guess what the totals say, you guessed it another stinker of a half an inch lol. What is with these 1/2" storms man wth haha. I dont even know what to think anymore, guess it just is what it is ya know.

St. Louis has been in a snow drought as well. It's been 4 years since we last saw a bona-fide (6"+) winter storm. And as we move into February things get more depressing. St. Louis hasn't had a 6"+ snow in February in over 20 years! So I'm not holding my breath that February will bring anything of interest, but who knows. The trend has break at some point.

11 minutes ago, bdgwx said:

St. Louis has been in a snow drought as well. It's been 4 years since we last saw a bona-fide (6"+) winter storm. And as we move into February things get more depressing. St. Louis hasn't had a 6"+ snow in February in over 20 years! So I'm not holding my breath that February will bring anything of interest, but who knows. The trend has break at some point.

Unbelievable for sure.  It looked for awhile st Louis would get some of this Thursday - Friday storm.  Not looking as good up that way now.

1 hour ago, NJ_Ken said:

Yikes.  Here in OKC, it was around 50 F when I first stepped outside this morning at around 6 am.  As of right now, it is 27 F.  That's darn near a 25-degree drop in 3.5 hours at the same time the sun was coming up.   

Is crazy man, I have the windows open right now cause its nearly 62 here lol. Will not be the case come later this afternoon though

2 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Never ceases to amaze me out here how fast the temp can drop! 11 degrees now within 15 minutes, insane...still going down down down

1 hour later from 64 degrees to 35!!! Nuts lol, still dropping too

Shame it looks to be fairly cold for the next 9 days or so but so dry again :( such a waste.

You apparently haven't seen the EURO! ;)

7 minutes ago, GSwizzle83 said:

You apparently haven't seen the EURO! ;)

I know one of them was showing something for mid to late week a few days back? I cannot remember what one though, I have a hard time understanding the models though :( always have. I love this hobby but model running for me is hard to comprehend with a short term memory.

Just now, NwWhiteOut said:

I know one of them was showing something for mid to late week a few days back? I cannot remember what one though, I have a hard time understanding the models though :( always have. I love this hobby but model running for me is hard to comprehend with a short term memory.

Model running is hard on the emotions, haha. I can't help but daydream when I see one project a huge snowstorm for me, only to have it completely absent the next day...

WWA here, I thought it was gonna bust looking at the radar but its been freezing rain(fairly good clip too) for about 40 minutes now at 24 degrees! Forecast is all over the place with timings etc lol. Advisory is good until 9pm then light snow is mentioned between 7-11, all over the place haha.

Snow anywhere else tonight guys? Its been light snow all night here since about 9:30 or so, it's so windy though it's just whippin all over the place so no real accumulation. Nice to see though, just wish we could cash in on a big storm!!

6 hours ago, GSwizzle83 said:

We may not be getting a lot of wintry weather this season, but these cold snaps are quite intense. Sitting at a balmy 11º this morning with a sub-zero wind chill. 

Yea no doubt it is much colder this season compared to recent ones! I have been enjoying some cold weather hiking on trails, just wanna see one decent snow storm now.

5 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Looks like Winter Weather Advisory here for some light snow tonight. Another round of light snow on Monday. 

Looks like it will stay in the far northwest corner here tonight for the stuff after midnight to dawn. Monday says rain maybe snow here who knows, if anything I'm sure it will be tiny small half inch amounts as usual lol. Either too far south or not far enough south/north

2 hours ago, JoMo said:

Decent little snow here. Looks like at least 1" maybe.

Cool congrats! Have an advisory here until 2 but it never did anything lol, saw a few rogue flurries early this morning but nothing else. They were saying up to an inch but I think it did wind up staying right up along the border of Arkansas and Missouri who knows.

Scratch that saw pics from rogers and they got what looked like a half inch, whatever. Maybe the cutoff line was just north of here lol, how about you MoWeatherguy? Anything up in your area?