• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

The first round is winding down here in Monett. Tried to change to change over to sleet at the end but it never could fully get it done. Our deck is starting to ice over with the rails solid ice. Now that the rain has ended, I ventured out to the yard, and was fairly surprised. The trees are pretty weighted down, a lot more ice accumulated than I thought. Nothing major, but the cedar trees are touching the ground. If this last band puts down some heavy wet snow, the trees are really going to be weighed down. 

We are finally seeing some steadier snow here on the north side of Oklahoma City.  I don't think it is heavy enough to be officially moderate but definitely on the heavier side of "light snow".  No accumulations yet.  

EDIT:  I hit "save" and looked back outside, and now it has edged up into moderate snow.  If the radar is to be believed, it won't last long but it looks darn nice out there right now.  

Neat, glad you guys got something. Not sure if anything will make it here, temps are right at freezing now and been there for a bit but its just cloudy here. Sometimes the clouds break up and I can see stars peeking out. Seems like its doing stuff all around me, not sure whats happening just north of here in springdale or rogers though.

Light snow/sleet mix here. Doesnt look like its gonna last but a half hour more but I will gladly take it. Just slushy wet snow sticking to the grass and elevated surfaces only. Took this pic about 20 minutes ago, still snowing. Loving this!!!! Could have busted out my pro camera but I am tired lol. Also love how easy it is to attach photos to the forum now also!

IMG_20171223_031459.thumb.jpg.fdff88e53abc7f7b4cb73603aec6f2f4.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry you did not get anything spot! Wound up with a lil over half an inch here, just woke up and there is a bit more on the ground and trees than what is in that pic I posted. Must have had another small band come through when I crashed lol.

I see NWS mentioning a decent chance for tomorrow am again and maybe another dusting to half inch! All next week has 20-30% pops of sleet and snow in the forecast now hmmmm.

19 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Spot your location changed under your name, I thought you were in Oklahoma? I would think central missouri will get more snow than where you were if so!

Moved this past summer. It doesnt matter where I go... it just wont snow for me for some weird reason. 

3 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Bad luck, it usually follows me too lol when it comes to snow. Im actually shocked to have gotten what I did last night. Have hope though man, you should be in a better place for snow now!

I hope so.  NWS has 60-70 percent chance of snow.. however ive seen high chances and got nothing alot of times.

• Like 1

I’m up in central KS from Texas. Fingers crossed I see a dusting at least tonight before going back to Texas for my wife’s family tomorrow. Been so boring down in TX the past couple winters (at least got some decent snow/ice events before that).