• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

Nothing never came of the advisory here yesterday, was a total bust yet again. It did rain for about 20 minutes and was done, then the temps spiked throughout the night. Be safe for those of you who did/are getting ice from all this moisture!!

We did need all the recent rain though I'm sure, more on the way...my local trails stream is completely flooded now almost up to the trail which sits a good 10ft above the stream itself.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:47 AM, GSwizzle83 said:

If the Heady Pattern was correct, shouldn't we have seen another cold snap about now?? Just trying to figure out how all this works. Doesn't seem like there is any more winter left?

I think our winter is done.   Another winter here without a 1" snow.  Unbelievable 3 in a row now.

• Sad 1

On 3/3/2018 at 6:56 PM, MoWeatherguy said:

I think our winter is done.   Another winter here without a 1" snow.  Unbelievable 3 in a row now.

Agree as well, it felt like it never even began minus the cold we had off and on! lol. What did u end up with this season so far up there man? I'm sitting at the 3rd season in a row with exactly a half inch of snow total lmao(that fell the day after xmas). Last time we saw a measurable snow here was 2014 according to my pics I save. Really pathetic area here if your a snow lover!

21 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Agree as well, it felt like it never even began minus the cold we had off and on! lol. What did u end up with this season so far up there man? I'm sitting at the 3rd season in a row with exactly a half inch of snow total lmao(that fell the day after xmas). Last time we saw a measurable snow here was 2014 according to my pics I save. Really pathetic area here if your a snow lover!

Yah this area may be worse now than NE Tex where i grew up.  We might go 3 yrs down that way with no snow,  like here lol.   But we didn't expect it there every year.   We gotta really lower our expectations here.   I think my total was half inch.  

Crazy day up here in mid Missouri. Off and on heavy snow. I would say visisibitly was under 100 yards a couple times. Ground temps are above 40, but it's been snowing hard enough to accumulate in places. Haven't seen it snow this hard since the 2013/2014 winter. Fun to see but if we're aren't going to get anything big, I'm ready for spring. Bring on the 70s and severe storms. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2018 at 7:32 PM, WhiteoutWX said:

All I can say to that is wow...

Besides being nearly the worst state in every relevant statistical category, it doesn't snow anymore either. I'd move tomorrow if I could. I'm going to finish with .2" of actual measurable snow. Just wow is right. Literally almost the entire Gulf coast (except south Florida) got more snow than we did.

@raindance: Good work. Your precipitation forecast over this area was literally saved by the last 10 or so days of February. Cutting it close. Lol. Great job and awesome work.

4 hours ago, bdgwx said:

We may see some accumulating snow in MO this weekend.

Some models, especially the NAM show a fairly heavy April snow event. Almost all the models show at least several inches of accumulation from Friday night into Sunday afternoon. Not a ton of agreement on where exactly the heaviest snow accumulations will be attm though. 

00z NAM from tonight came in pretty hot.namconus_asnow_scus_29.png

10 hours ago, JoMo said:

Sleeted pretty good earlier, now it's really snowing pretty hard. 

Got a coating here lol, an advisory up for who knows what reason. The roads are dry and fine, we got a lil rain last night but it was so windy it dried right up then around 1am it went right over to flurries. Extremely cold though I will say that! When I got up this morning to let the cat out the snow was coming down, thats what gave us the coating we got on the ground...other than that no where near as much precip as they were calling for it seemed.

On 4/7/2018 at 11:00 AM, Will (little rock) said:

Went to Branson for the weekend and we got about an inch of snow here

15231167595041240655525.jpg

My nephew went to a youth event up there it was quite chilly for them. Been quite the April opener this year for sure. Year without a spring continues. Going straight to summer out west this week.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey all! Looking like a cold finish to October is in store. I'm getting very excited about the prospects of what late autumn and winter could bring to this area. This could likely finish as the coldest 20 days many of us have seen to close an October ever. That's pretty profound if you ask me. I understand that Canada's crops failed due to cold and most of their stuff has happened a month or more early. I'd say we should be ready for a real winter.

• Like 1

Thew new Jamstec run has corrected to anomalies that approach Super-Nino territory in Feb/Mar 2019. I really don't know what to make of it. The Euro went to +1.2C or so for its peak, but the Jamstec is +1.8. The look of the winter looks like my outlook - pretty severe for the SW and MO/AR etc. 

It looks like 1968, 1986, 1991 all peaked around Feb at +1.0 to +1.8, might have to look at those.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Waterboy said:

Raindance, 

Can you clarify what you mean by “pretty severe”.  Are you talking about in terms of cold/snow or severe thunderstorms?

I think the NE US and Ozarks are risks for ice-storms in this winter. I also think there is a lot of snow in MO and other areas nearby this winter. You guys tend to get a lot of snow when we do in NM, and it looks good for us, and it hasn't in a while. I don't think it will be super cold personally, but it will be stormy.