Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

5 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

That is one of the negatives living here.   Great area otherwise.   I'm trying to eventually make my way back up to the SW MO area, we'll see .

Yea man I really miss MO myself to be honest. The taxes here are through the roof on general stuff compared to missouri. Rental costs are crazy high here too(because of the university I am sure). I just miss the country life to be honest and the weather was much cooler/snowier up that way. Everything is a rush rush feeling here as well, just not my cup of tea lol. I miss the relaxed slowed down pace of life and cheaper living we had. Don't get me wrong living in a city has its benefits but for me I'll take my old peaceful country lifestyle anyday haha. It's funny though our old landlords still keep in touch(not something you see often) and are always asking us to come back.

36 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Areas north of here haven't had any fun either. Kc hasn't has a 3 inch storm in almost 4 years, if I remember correctly. 

Yea it seems anywhere lately over the last few years haven't really gotten much. We have relatives in KC so I will have to ask them when we talk again as I am curious, its been fairly dry winters up there too but not as bad as down here as far as I know. On a side note, my home state of south jersey just got nailed again by a noreaster! My mom said they got about 9-10" again! They were forecasted to have a drier winter, nope probly closing in on close to 2 feet now already so far for totals since november! Jersey has been having some awesome winters the past few years like I remember growing up as a kid in!

In case anyone is interested, this is my dads place after the storm(south jersey). He is a bit further away from the coast than my mother is and she got more! He said he couldn't really tell how much they got there(guesses about 7-8") because it was extremely windy whipping everything around(was a cold mid 20's fluffy snow!). Im jelous lol

snowstorm1.thumb.jpg.bf2cfba218327709f0040c060d48b982.jpg

6 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Yea man I really miss MO myself to be honest. The taxes here are through the roof on general stuff compared to missouri. Rental costs are crazy high here too(because of the university I am sure). I just miss the country life to be honest and the weather was much cooler/snowier up that way. Everything is a rush rush feeling here as well, just not my cup of tea lol. I miss the relaxed slowed down pace of life and cheaper living we had. Don't get me wrong living in a city has its benefits but for me I'll take my old peaceful country lifestyle anyday haha. It's funny though our old landlords still keep in touch(not something you see often) and are always asking us to come back.

Like you I miss the slower lifestyle in MO.   And you're right cost of living with taxes and all is crazy here.   I got used to the fast pace and traffic,  but do miss my acreage in Monett.  

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Like you I miss the slower lifestyle in MO.   And you're right cost of living with taxes and all is crazy here.   I got used to the fast pace and traffic,  but do miss my acreage in Monett.  

Yea man that place we rented in Missouri had 39 acres or so behind it not to mention we lived on a dead end road with one neighbor who was rarely home(truck driver). Was awesome having landlords that did not care if I camped, had lil bonfires etc in the woods back there. Me and my dog use to love going on overnight lil camps behind the place, just something you cannot replace ya know. It's funny though the jobs we had there for such a tiny lil town were really good paying ones compared to what we have here, lol now its barely getting by and scraping the bottom of the barrel to make ends meet...tis life though. But anyways I'm rambling, hopefully(like u stated above) we get something here this season like my dad got!!!

The Euro definitely is our friend right now in this situation. Looks like the Euro and Canadian feel there will be some colder air in place, but also set up a potential icy situation for many. Meanwhile, the latest run of the GFS pushed the storm even further north. Here's to hoping that was an outlier and the next run begins to look more like the others.

The good news is in this situation is that the last few weeks the GFS has caved to the EURO solutions over time. 

On a side note, the NAM has done better this winter with many of these events than I remember. That is part of the reason why Sunday morning's event worries me a bit. It is slow to warm up the temps and historically we know this to be the case when trying to dislodge an arctic air mass coupled with any wetbulbing. 

Would imagine you guys get a big snow event between the big cold snap now and the big thaw coming later in the month. I haven't seen precip since October 5th, but we've got two shots at it the next six days if you believe the European, if those systems verify with measurable precip here, it will be because they are stronger/further south than any systems in the past three months and some different areas downwind of the SW should get some snow / rain too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

I hope Feb turns out better results this yr, sure don't see much happening the next 2-3 weeks.  Just kinda average,  or boring.

Me too man, maybe another winter season with a half inch total lol? Guess we will see huh, for surely we cant go 3 seasons with that...or can we haha!!

I'm seeing a little bit more of the models suggesting some light snow on the back end of the storm as it moves off to the NE and creates quite an event for Ohio Valley region, thinking St. Louis might be in an icy situation. 

I'm starting to look ahead to the 16th, looks like all the major models agree there will be a storm system moving through the region at the time. I think that's our next shot.

53 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

I'm seeing a little bit more of the models suggesting some light snow on the back end of the storm as it moves off to the NE and creates quite an event for Ohio Valley region, thinking St. Louis might be in an icy situation. 

I'm starting to look ahead to the 16th, looks like all the major models agree there will be a storm system moving through the region at the time. I think that's our next shot.

I am anxiously watching Thursday in the event of a NW shift. 

Some pretty nasty freezing fog here tonight, was expected to happen after 3am but its already 29 out! Sidewalks, cars, grass are all frozen fogged over. Have seen this before in Missouri back in 2011-12 sometime and man it was dangerous but also really cool looking!! Never saw anything like it before until now(not as bad as before though). Be safe those of you driving in NW arkansas tonight and early am!!

On a side note, I'm curious as to what happens pm thursday into friday am...there is a mention of rain over to sleet/snow then all snow, hmmmmm

22 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Some pretty nasty freezing fog here tonight, was expected to happen after 3am but its already 29 out! Sidewalks, cars, grass are all frozen fogged over. Have seen this before in Missouri back in 2011-12 sometime and man it was dangerous but also really cool looking!! Never saw anything like it before until now(not as bad as before though). Be safe those of you driving in NW arkansas tonight and early am!!

On a side note, I'm curious as to what happens pm thursday into friday am...there is a mention of rain over to sleet/snow then all snow, hmmmmm

Freezing fog is one of my favorite things. It's really freezing in elevated surfaces here, roads look wet, but I bet they are going to be slick.