Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

48 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Misty freezing drizzle for a while here now, no mention of it at all. I think tulsa did earlier but nothing as of lately. Car was iced over after coming out the grocery store tonight.

Madison County roadways have some scattered slick spots, too, so it isn't just confined to the NWA metro it looks like. 

Edit: WWA has been expanded to included Fayetteville and Ft. Smith (among other areas). 

7 minutes ago, GSwizzle83 said:

Madison County roadways have some scattered slick spots, too, so it isn't just confined to the NWA metro it looks like. 

Edit: WWA has been expanded to included Fayetteville and Ft. Smith (among other areas). 

Yep just seen that, its very very fine but it doesn't take much with temps being this low! The back roads here are already slick in a lot of areas.

33 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

There's a pretty decent number of members from the Euro showing quite a dumping of snow over the OK,AR,MO,KS, etc, area. I'd say a little over half the members show a widespread snow event, with 6+ inches.

What time frame?

16 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

12Z Canadian came in with alot more oomph. gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.pnggem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_33.png

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_34.png

Gfs had something in this time frame also, especially on the 06 run, this run is warm. Out of the three, I think the gfs has been the least consistent 

16 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Can you link or post that? Thanks!

I have a weatherbell account and I can't publicly post those images. When I get home I will look at the amounts and post amounts. I imagine it will change 50 times anyway... the main point being the models are generally pointing to a storm in the same time frame. That's a good sign. 

Gfs went north that run. Euro was either warmer or further north also. I didn't look at it that close, but several of the emsembles had a crazy storm, and a few had snow in swmo. It's a long ways out, but it's certainly starting to feel like this is the plains best chance at a storm so far this season 

36 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Warm up and rain this weekend,  eh, lol.  Cold wasted,  thaw coming.   Now I'm curious can we go 3 straight winters without a 2 inch snow, sure we can!  Move to the deep South if u want snow, SMDH.

I would be absolutely shocked if we go 3 straight winters with less than two inches of snow. No way we go the rest of winter with less than a half inch 

38 minutes ago, MUWX said:

I would be absolutely shocked if we go 3 straight winters with less than two inches of snow. No way we go the rest of winter with less than a half inch 

Well I certainly hope you are dead on with your assessment, but you have to admit it's hard to bet against the trends, repeating patterns, etc, that have not been in our favor.

22 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Well I certainly hope you are dead on with your assessment, but you have to admit it's hard to bet against the trends, repeating patterns, etc, that have not been in our favor.

The pattern that gave us an inch and a half in the first 2 weeks of winter? Haha not sure what you got where your at, but it's snowed here. We have 2+ months left where we can get big storms, let's see what happens. If we don't get another half inch in all of January, February and March, that might be historic. 

8 hours ago, MUWX said:

The pattern that gave us an inch and a half in the first 2 weeks of winter? Haha not sure what you got where your at, but it's snowed here. We have 2+ months left where we can get big storms, let's see what happens. If we don't get another half inch in all of January, February and March, that might be historic. 

I'm in Benton Co, AR.  Rogers area.  You may think I'm exaggerating but check it out yourself.   Fayetteville official reporting station hasn't had greater than 2" in any storm since Feb 2015.  The past 2 winters sucked in this entire region,  working on a 3rd now.  Bordering historic, although the same happened back in 06-08.  That probably would be historic for Missouri.

I am growing increasingly worried for a few hours on Sunday morning that there will be some freezing rain issues across portions of MO/KS. NAM definitely seems to indicate that and the GFS has been trending in that direction. It will, of course, eventually warm up for precip to turn to rain but multiple hours of freezing rain is not how I want to spend my Sunday. 

20 minutes ago, GSwizzle83 said:

I am growing increasingly worried for a few hours on Sunday morning that there will be some freezing rain issues across portions of MO/KS. NAM definitely seems to indicate that and the GFS has been trending in that direction. It will, of course, eventually warm up for precip to turn to rain but multiple hours of freezing rain is not how I want to spend my Sunday. 

The cmc has been saying this for at least a couple runs now but mainly over south central Missouri 

5 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

I'm in Benton Co, AR.  Rogers area.  You may think I'm exaggerating but check it out yourself.   Fayetteville official reporting station hasn't had greater than 2" in any storm since Feb 2015.  The past 2 winters sucked in this entire region,  working on a 3rd now.  Bordering historic, although the same happened back in 06-08.  That probably would be historic for Missouri.

I'm well aware of the drought. It's been roughly 1040 days since sgf issued a wsw. However, I still think we get a two inch snow 

5 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

This is so very true, this would be the third winter with about a half inch total for the season...no kidding. Such a waste of nice cold air we had for a bit there, blowtorch incoming lol. The last time I saw over a 2" snowstorm IMBY here was 2015. The biggest storm I have seen here was what 2013 when we first moved here from MO and that was a nice decent winter for this area, the one storm put down 5-7". Just too far south now my friend :(

2 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

This is so very true, this would be the third winter with about a half inch total for the season...no kidding. Such a waste of nice cold air we had for a bit there, blowtorch incoming lol. The last time I saw over a 2" snowstorm IMBY here was 2015. The biggest storm I have seen here was what 2013 when we first moved here from MO and that was a nice decent winter for this area, the one storm put down 5-7". Just too far south now my friend :(

Areas north of here haven't had any fun either. Kc hasn't has a 3 inch storm in almost 4 years, if I remember correctly. 

26 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

That is one of the negatives living here.   Great area otherwise.   I'm trying to eventually make my way back up to the SW MO area, we'll see .