• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

12z Euro had more of a neutral tilt as well. Maybe a light mix on the NW side of precip shield wherever that ends up. Mood snow on Christmas eve still possible for many.

Edit: And a massive winter storm on Day 9. Good grief.

Day 10 lol, just because it's funny.

ecmwf_ptype_conus_240.png

46 minutes ago, JoMo said:

12z Euro had more of a neutral tilt as well. Maybe a light mix on the NW side of precip shield wherever that ends up. Mood snow on Christmas eve still possible for many.

This would be similar to the 0z GFS last night, which is gone from GFS today. So...

3 hours ago, JoMo said:

Mood Snow is better than none ..Also the 9th snow possibility sounds neat , now only if it will happen would be fantastic . A white New Year

3 hours ago, Spot said:

Kansas City doesn't think much of it at all. 30% chance of light snow is all.

Doug Heady seems to think the same, he sounds concerned about this winter again lol too. I think everyone is just meh at this point and we've had such horrible boring winter seasons for the last few years no one seems to have much hope anymore, me included lol. Temps keep getting bumped up more and more for xmas day I been noticing too now. Whatever happens happens I guess, hopefully mother nature says otherwise haha.

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Doug Heady seems to think the same, he sounds concerned about this winter again lol too. I think everyone is just meh at this point and we've had such horrible boring winter seasons for the last few years no one seems to have much hope anymore, me included lol. Temps keep getting bumped up more and more for xmas day I been noticing too now. Whatever happens happens I guess, hopefully mother nature says otherwise haha.

I listened to Doug on Facebook tonight! Dude...that guy is a downer! Lol Thank goodness for Aaron Tuttle & Mike Collier to lift spirits! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spot said:

00z GFS continues the warming trend for Christmas now in the 30s. Showed teens/20s just a day or 2 ago.  

Yeah the big trough is now becoming progressive and centering itself more to the east so the cold air will be pushing into the Lakes and NE. We actually end up getting a return southerly flow on Christmas before another cold front pushes through.

2 hours ago, JoMo said:

Well, Doug has busted his last 2 winter forecasts badly. Really badly. I stopped listening to him after I found out he only uses the GFS. 

Yea man he hasn't been doing too well lol, I liked his forecasting for a while there but idk what to think about this "Heady" pattern of his. I mean yea its interesting and neat but, well yea. So your thinking we get warm now instead on xmas day huh then cold again? These models man, they are nuts and so crazy. This rain tonight we are getting here(you guys getting anything up that way?) I dont even think was forecasted to happen, not for here anyhow until about 12 hours prior. They were thinking it would stay south of little rock, well lol. Or maybe I am already going mad from all the crazy fantasy storms on models and losing track of stuff idk!

2 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Yea man he hasn't been doing too well lol, I liked his forecasting for a while there but idk what to think about this "Heady" pattern of his. I mean yea its interesting and neat but, well yea. So your thinking we get warm now instead on xmas day huh then cold again? These models man, they are nuts and so crazy. This rain tonight we are getting here(you guys getting anything up that way?) I dont even think was forecasted to happen, not for here anyhow until about 12 hours prior. They were thinking it would stay south of little rock, well lol. Or maybe I am already going mad from all the crazy fantasy storms on models and losing track of stuff idk!

It's not going to be like super warm. More like near normal. Definitely not the chilly single digit or teen temps it showed a few runs ago, though.

Some additional changes on the Euro tonight. No mix or anything with the first system as it pretty much falls apart. The 'mood snow' is mostly confined to northern KS/MO on Christmas Eve now. Still looks seasonable for Christmas Day. Day 8 system is now a rain event for most of us with snow near KC and farther north. Overall, meh. 

2 hours ago, JoMo said:

Some additional changes on the Euro tonight. No mix or anything with the first system as it pretty much falls apart. The 'mood snow' is mostly confined to northern KS/MO on Christmas Eve now. Still looks seasonable for Christmas Day. Day 8 system is now a rain event for most of us with snow near KC and farther north. Overall, meh. 

Shocker eh lol, oh well still some time and things will probly change more yet again. I dont even have the words really so will leave it at that and hope for the best lol

I stand by my original post that I would take the cold over the snow on the models. When the cold is entrenched, it is easier to get a disturbance to bring some snow. Now we are seeing the cold leaving. The moisture may be there but without the cold then we don't get anything of significance. Maybe the models will swing back to the cold. 

1 hour ago, Weatherdemon said:

12z NAM3K puts down up to 5 inches of ice in SC/SW OK and almost 8 in TX Fri/Sat.

NAM more realistic at a little over an inch max mainly in SW OK.

It looks like the ZR product on the COD site is messed up. I'm thinking it's scaled too high by a factor of 10.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Are we throwing in the towel for seeing anything substantial tomorrow night/Saturday morning?

Canadian seems to be the only model still giving us any hope.   

12z Euro might have a quick light mix.

ecmwf_ptype_conus_48.png