Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, phoenixny said:

Is it me or does the GFS want to hammer parts of CNY later next weekend and early next week? Looks like a prolonged LES event on that particular model. 

It is you being mesmerized by the GooFuS.  Don't look at it or it will turn you into a pillar of salt before December even gets here!

46 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Our first warning for non accumulating snow, yay

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm gonna try to keep track of watch/warning/advisories this winter just to see how they work out.  Curious to see. Verification can be a bit fuzzy though esp with LES being so localized.

I'm gonna try to keep track of watch/warning/advisories this winter just to see how they work out.  Curious to see. Verification can be a bit fuzzy though esp with LES being so localized.

True, we'll I guess I should give them a chance before I bash, lol! Still don't think there was a need for any warnings though but I could definitely be wrong after that cold front passes later on this evening.

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

It is you being mesmerized by the GooFuS.  Don't look at it or it will turn you into a pillar of salt before December even gets here!

These early events always suck me in! I never learn. Better returns just to our west on radar. 

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Nice, congrats! Always good to see your first hard burst of snow. Not even a flake here all day long today which I can’t believe, figured we’d at least have some flakes in the air... 

We've had flakes on and off all day here, nothing sticking obviously. Pretty cool loop.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20171120.012.200ani.gif

S+ here at the moment but don't EC
Expect it to last much longer as it has the looks of already wanting to head North but we'll see. Nothing is real organized, just bouts of on and off squalls so I'm definitely confident we don't reach Advisory lol snows, nevermind warning criteria, lol!

8 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I just dont like the looks of it is all. Doesn't look like a band, but then again, it wasn't supposed to get going until after 7, which just passed, so we got a head start.

It's just getting organized. You need to be patient. 

Archived