Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stanleyjenkins said:

It indeed has been, however; I have standing water in my backyard this morning. I really don't need any of tonight's rain.

Yeah with 5.1” of rain here in the last week we definitely don’t need what’s coming today and tomorrow. Tons of standing water everywhere and people’s basements flooding like crazy. With today and tomorrow’s rain the creeks are definitely going to be spilling over their banks causing more flooding problems... 

anyone know what the 00z Euro showed last night for the potential cold shot later this week? 

21 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Yeah with 5.1” of rain here in the last week we definitely don’t need what’s coming today and tomorrow. Tons of standing water everywhere and people’s basements flooding like crazy. With today and tomorrow’s rain the creeks are definitely going to be spilling over their banks causing more flooding problems... 

anyone know what the 00z Euro showed last night for the potential cold shot later this week? 

Its pretty darn cold.  850s of -17c Friday evening.  

If you go back on those LES events archive you’ll notice whenever we had the setup those winds never truly lined up on that 250 flow, they were either too westerly or too southerly lol and in the rare cases they lined up high winds came into play creating shear issues! :lol:

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

It looks like a monsoon moving up the length of Lake Erie.  Entire lake is lit up orange and red.  

monsoon.png

Immense street water flooding going on in West Seneca right now, many roads including part of Seneca Street under at least 1 foot of water, Caz creek looks like it's just about to start over flowing it's bank any minute. 

Up to 2.43” since midnight which puts me close to 7” of rain in the last week. My back yard is literally a total lake, can’t see any grass what so ever and for the first time since I moved here we have some water coming in the basement... spent the last hour bringing our most valuable things up from the basement and putting things up on wood blocks just in case the sump pump stops as it is running almost constantly. 

7 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Up to 2.43” since midnight which puts me close to 7” of rain in the last week. My back yard is literally a total lake, can’t see any grass what so ever and for the first time since I moved here we have some water coming in the basement... spent the last hour bringing our most valuable things up from the basement and putting things up on wood blocks just in case the sump pump stops as it is running almost constantly. 

Incredible amount of rain the past week and honestly a huge difference from last year when we were extremely dry...I like the fact that the whole area from here to the US border in Minnesota has seen ample moisture recently...with the low sun angle now and maximum short days the ground will have a hard time drying out which should in turn help any colder air sustain or even build when they happens. 

3 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Perfect time to get a puppy. He was so scared of the thunder and rain earlier he wouldn't go outside to the bathroom and when he did the entire apartment is mud. Give me some cold and snow or give me 50 and sunny please! 

I don't care care how much dry air gets involved after the front goes through, we will still see a lake response, as that type of airmass traveling over 60 degree Lake surface temps will make LO boil!

Perhaps the interns may still be forecasting for KBGM, lol, Jk!

This is gonna be abrupt awakening to many folks along the interior NE as well as the coastal plain but it's super transient as I believe the strong -EPO is Trumping all other signals attm, but it lasts a couple days at best, and it's outta here. That's just my opinion is all.

Once this shot goes by, its back to the Pacific not behaving and we go back to AN temps for a time until things line up again.

Ty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived