Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another October monster coming right up the HRV, and after this event, we won't see another HRV runner all season long but the pattern favors inland runners so we still may be in luck wirh synoptic systems this yr, which is a rarity in these parts.

Welcome back all and here's to a great Winter season with lots of Snow and ice and Cold, unlike the last two flops!

I also see a lot of SW flow LES events so get ready KBUF and KWRT. Off course, we here on the Eastern end of the Lake as well as NW flow lovers won't see anything till at least mid-December, JMHO is all.

There's not much STJ this year so it's looks to be setting up a Northern storm track Winter with a lot of clippers type systems and a few Miller A's but mostly Miller B's with redevelopment near the delmarva which usually doesn't bode well for us so we'll see, but it's still wicked early for anything to be set in stone, unless ur on the TUG, lol, yet, but it's closing in fast.

Good luck to all and here's to tracking both LES and Synoptic systems, most places hoping for the latter, but we'll take whichever comes first, like a blockbuster LES event in November, Just in time for the Turkey!

Peace all!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just finished watching the Astros pull that insane game out in 10 innings. Definitely not baseball played in the classical way - I can't believe the way the baseball was flying out of that park. Back to weather, the rain is coming down in buckets. My weather station reports 0.64 since midnight and 2.75 for since Saturday night. I'll have to verify the amount with my rain gauge in the morning. Still no sign of the high winds forecast for later tonight. Barometer is down to 29.18. 

Lake effect rain band setting up quickly and nicely, looking quite strong all in the last hour or so. Hydrometer Classification on KBUF radar shows the precip as snow just 1,100 ft above the radar so I wonder if tonight we can already switch over to snow even quicker than anticipated and even at lower elevations even if it doesn’t accumulate much when the rainfall rate picks up. 

22 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Lake effect rain band setting up quickly and nicely, looking quite strong all in the last hour or so. Hydrometer Classification on KBUF radar shows the precip as snow just 1,100 ft above the radar so I wonder if tonight we can already switch over to snow even quicker than anticipated and even at lower elevations even if it doesn’t accumulate much when the rainfall rate picks up. 

Going to be close call

261695B0-CF2F-41CC-9C2A-871C37BCAA14.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Oh my, can't say that I've seen many lake effect bands (albeit rain) that are that robust.  That thing is an absolute monster.  And as usual, it craps right out as it drops elevation moving into Monroe County. 

BUF_loop.gif.ccde831a09545f6b03fe7c3a398b3e6d.gif

Things cranking out some serious lightning over Lake Erie right now too. At least 20 strikes in the last 15 minutes in radar...

Archived