Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter String

George BM

2 hours ago, yoda said:

I am hoping to see LE snows in late December when I am up visiting my grandmother in Amherst, NY (right near Buffalo).  Unfortunately, she misses alot of the LE snows because they are usually to her south

Sometimes the SW wind fetch bands go to that way, but yeah they usually are stay south of Amherst. 

I went to northern Niagara county many times as a kid, my grandmother lived there. Was literally a few miles from the lake shore and usually we got absolutely no LE snow. Insanely frustrating to a young snow weenie.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, yoda said:

I am hoping to see LE snows in late December when I am up visiting my grandmother in Amherst, NY (right near Buffalo).  Unfortunately, she misses alot of the LE snows because they are usually to her south

:wub: I'm going to miss you up there by a month!  I've always called Western New York my home away from home.  I have relatives in the southern tier and within the Niagara towns.

4 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I know there's not a lot of NBA fans in our sub but I'm pretty stoked to watch the wiz tip off the season tonight. Best team since the late 70's (by far) and also my favorite type of team....fast and high scoring. 

Crossing my fingers too Bob.  John Wall is so wicked fast he seems to defy physics sometimes.  Pretty amazing how he shifts gears from fast to, really fast.  It's akin to the proverbial Road Runner and Wiley Coyote on the old cartoons.  However, just one guy does not make a championship team unless its MJ who made everyone around him better.  Wall has that potential if the others are capable of raising it a notch or two.  This all said, believe it's still gonna be hard for anyone to unseat Golden State.

Now, if we can just mix in a Wizards run with a MECS or HECS or dare we utter.....   BECS?  As they say, you go for gold, settle for silver and a bronze is still on the podium.  At this stage, I'd to get a whiff of a decent event to wake up the forum from what as been a pretty darn boring stretch the last few months.

12 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I know there's not a lot of NBA fans in our sub but I'm pretty stoked to watch the wiz tip off the season tonight. Best team since the late 70's (by far) and also my favorite type of team....fast and high scoring. 

Was a good game and Wall is MVP caliber.  Didn't like how close it was near the end but thats typical DC sports.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Was a good game and Wall is MVP caliber.  Didn't like how close it was near the end but thats typical DC sports.

Yea, philly shot the lights out from 3 and Wall shot bad all night. Change those 2 things and it would have been a much different score. They almost passed the second round last year with a bench less talented than the NCAA. I expect nothing less than at least getting to the conf finals. Still 1 big player away from competing with GS or SA in the west. 

And yea....that Hayward injury was a gruesome as Theismann's extra knee. I tuned in late to the game so I missed it in real time but forgot to turn my head for the replays after the game....ack...barf

The NBA has become more watchable in recent years, but still a tough watch for 3 1/2 quarters. Unless you are at the game, within 30 feet from the court, it's hell. NHL and NBA will be fine because they stay in their lane, rarely overreaching.  Same with MLB. Now, the NFL best be careful. Cut out that EURO nonsense, make the game day experience less hectic and more affordable and reign in your players. Soccer? We can't even qualify for World Cup. No one cares, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

The NBA has become more watchable in recent years, but still a tough watch for 3 1/2 quarters. Unless you are at the game, within 30 feet from the court, it's hell. NHL and NBA will be fine because they stay in their lane, rarely overreaching.  Same with MLB. Now, the NFL best be careful. Cut out that EURO nonsense, make the game day experience less hectic and more affordable and reign in your players. Soccer? We can't even qualify for World Cup. No one cares, I guess. 

I do.

A lot.

42 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

With the first long range thread now up, I figured it was time to give people a first look at The Panic Room for the 2017-2018 season. 

The last two years have been extraordinary for business, with last year generating the most robust activity. In fact, it was so robust with people jumping and coming back from the dead the place was left in shambles. 

59e92aa5bf998_OldTPC.jpg.293e0aa62c72dfe412749d8dd5b283b2.jpg

That's ok though. After a long offseason with round the clock renovations, The Panic Room is set to open in just a few weeks and will be bigger and better than ever. 

59e92af27cbaf_TPC17.jpg.ca783fddb13791b43e6c393733563578.jpg

59e92b6ba666d_TPCInt.jpg.adb05998e06d115c641831f3edfb82f6.jpg

The accommodations will be top shelf for all the broken winter weenies that want to go hog wild and spend their final days tracking the many fails to come.

This year, in addition to having a lake for fishing, we offer remodeled poetry rooms, model tracking stations, and community scream rooms. complab.jpg.a232f7ebccf5d847e4cf306a224b1c28.jpg

For the first time, we are offering three different packages to DC area weenies. 

TPC Luxury Package
With The Panic Room Luxury Package, residents will get the best that we have to offer. Enjoy pristine views of the backyard and convertible cemetery, unlimited alcohol, and exceptional care when you decide to give up on winter and redeem your winter weenie soul.

59e92b635b9e1_TPCLuxuryPackage.jpg.8a7434b918d88511bcea0022cc0944e0.jpg

TPC Premium Package
Under our Premium Package, you will get excellent accommodations while living and preferential tombstone placement when crossing over to the other side. 

59e92b6733e3c_TPCRM.jpg.a30c131ed2ed95d4a5fcd20b134bb591.jpg 

TPC Standard Package
If TPC Luxury and TPC Premium are out of your budget, or you just want the traditional feel of Panic Room's of old, we've got you covered! Enjoy a stay in our chambers. You will get a bed (not pictured), a window, comfortable flooring, and newly renovated rooms with the crispest white finish you've ever seen! 

59e92b6446d2f_TPCStandardPackage.jpg.fee7714c7298d0b2b32100f10184ad3f.jpg

I expect another banner year for The Panic Room. We are working hard to get the last patches of soil covered before the season approaches. We have more than enough room with an annex field for use if an outbreak claims double the number as last year. 

59e92b6a445f2_TPCBY.JPG.94ab22128ebf8951fe4f36d09fb1b5a7.JPG 

Finally, and perhaps most important, I have developed hidden armory stations located throughout the facility in case of weenie zombie attack or war with Philly, SNE, or the SE. 

59e92b659de93_GunRoom.jpg.f8bc3c95e4de77bb1479ad367874a4fd.jpg

I'm excited about the coming winter. Hope you are too! I'll be seeing ya :) 

giphy.gif

A for effort for sure!  :grad:

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That would have been me a few years ago but I don't drink anymore. As long as the TCP is in DC I'm all set though. It will be a little hazy in my room. 

Never have and never will, kudos!

Geostorm opens this weekend.  Hard to beat this review:

Look, this is not a clever movie.  Geostorm paints a future where we lose control of our climate-controlling satellites because someone HACKS THE WEATHER and causes un-natural disasters. Gerard Butler, the most Scottish of American heroes, plays the satellites’ creator and the one space scientist who could possibly fix this mess because, I guess, he never taught anyone else how to. That’s just the tip of this polar dunce cap, but if you’re the kind of person who hunts for a “good bad movie” then beer yourself up because this is the most entertaining two-star film of 2017.

22 minutes ago, mappy said:

nice advertisement @WxWatcher007 looks like the weenies love it! 

Don't know why, but ever since I saw his advertisement I haven't been able to get the Eagles, Hotel California, out of my head. Especially this lyric.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man
'We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived