SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Banter String

George BM

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan is getting all of the heavy rain and battleship gray skies that I yearn for so much. They get to enjoy windy conditions with mid 40s weather and steady rain from a slow moving developing trowal.

The north will get tons of rain this fall, then tons of torrential snow this winter.

Washington DC will have mild to outright torch weather, along with much abnormally DRY weather throughout the low sun period. By late April 2018 we will be three feet below normal in the rain department, with a super hot dry spring on the way and  a super dry summer straight out of Hell.

We will regularly be denied rain, and denied cold weather. I just spent three g-ddamn HOT HUMID hours outside helping my neighbor mow her lawn! It felt like late July!

Enough of this late summer weather already! Fvck!

That system over the Midwest/ Great Lakes looks to be going full negative tilt. Plenty of rain, strong NW winds making for incredible jebwalk conditions into Chicagoland, and into Michigan.

Too bad we cant get into the fun, gusty showers here will breeze thru in an hour, then more warm weather right thru the end of the week. Break out the barbecue and the beer. We'll be doing that right into June 2018. No heating bills whatsoever for us, but a completely, utterly different story in places like Chicago and Michigan!

Midwest is going to get completely destroyed this winter, completely destroyed. They are going to need the National Guard. Classic area for colder than normal, wetter than normal in a La Nina setup.

Right now within the developing trowal, folks up there are getting treated to spectacular driving conditions on interstates, torrential rainfall driven by strong winds with darned near zero visibilities, passing trucks throwing up immense sprays of water on car windshields! INCREDIBLY good times, but that will NEVER, EVER happen again in the Washington Metropolitan Region, until the early or middle 2020s. This Nina will persist for YEARS.

Have had weatherbell for maybe 2 weeks now and it has been rough sledding. Quite often images won't load at all or not available to begin with or the runs themselves are delayed sometimes by a long period of time. For example, the 00Z run of the Euro is only out to 42 hours and it is almost 8am. In general it has been pretty bad. If I don't see somewhat of an improvement in the next couple of weeks I may have to rethink whether I should reup the subscription because it definitely has not been worth the $25 dollars so far.

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Have had weatherbell for maybe 2 weeks now and it has been rough sledding. Quite often images won't load at all or not available to begin with or the runs themselves are delayed sometimes by a long period of time. For example, the 00Z run of the Euro is only out to 42 hours and it is almost 8am. In general it has been pretty bad. If I don't see somewhat of an improvement in the next couple of weeks I may have to rethink whether I should reup the subscription because it definitely has not been worth the $25 dollars so far.

Euro not being out isn't weatherbells fault. It's on the other end. Euro isn't out on any sites that offer it. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Euro not being out isn't weatherbells fault. It's on the other end. Euro isn't out on any sites that offer it. 

Okay, that may be the case here but far to often I have seen delays with runs or portions of the runs output, that is if they even ever provide it. Weatherbell overall has not been what I would call a great product up to this point.

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Okay, that may be the case here but far to often I have seen delays with runs or portions of the runs output, that is if they even ever provide it. Weatherbell overall has not been what I would call a great product up to this point.

yeah, i have a feeling since Maue left things may be in disarray. it could get better. who knows. 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

yeah, i have a feeling since Maue left things may be in disarray. it could get better. who knows. 

Kind of worried about that as well. Really like their Euro output but that has not been up to snuff as well. When I find that half the time I have to go to tropical tidbits to get output that isn't a good sign. Guess we will see.

18 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to some crisp fall weather, but I'm also trying to get through October without turning on the heat once in the house this season. 

First world accomplishments. 

Already had ours on last week. Wasn't for me and the wife though. I just didn't want our dogs to get cold. B)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived