Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter String

George BM

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Accuweather CEO is in charge of NOAA. This year keeps getting better and better. :blink:

He hasn't been confirmed by the Senate yet. If he does get it, I think he'll find running NOAA will be a whole lot different than running a private enterprise. Many facets to deal with and a very strong NWS union. 

Massive thunderstorms to our west will hit tomorrow night, but by then should just be a few light showers, mainly in the highlands, then I get my cool low 60s / low 40s weather at last.

For big rains, I only need wait another 90 days. then I'll have my battleship gray skies laden with lots and lots of steady rain, at long last. :wub::wub::wub:

Long experience in northern Virginia since the late 1960s has shown me that I can always expect steady stratiform rain between Thanksgiving and late March.

It rarely disappoints.

There's nothing better in life, than a chilly day, with a frozen nose, with a nice northeasterly breeze, and a solid battleship gray sky, with lower dark clouds scudding in from the northeast. Best times of my entire life! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

On 10/13/2017 at 8:35 PM, George BM said:

Um...Did anyone else just see a small meteor in the eastern sky at 8:30pm? (5 minutes ago)

I was right in the middle of an epic jebwalk, celebrating the anticipated cold front tomorrow night bringing refreshing cool weather to the Mid Atlantic. There were a lot of low clouds overhead, I dont think I saw a meteor.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

LOL RAVENS

Despite having very good talent, the Ravens D will never be great, or even consistently good, as long as Pees is coordinator. Been saying this for years. The offense is just embarrassing. Yeah the O line has injuries, but again we have an O coordinator that is a total also ran. High school level stuff. Harbaugh insisted on keeping both these guys, despite better options. Rex Ryan anyone? Time for Harbaugh to go.

Rant over./

44 minutes ago, H2O said:

i used to know football.  Not anymore.  If the NFL wanted parity they got it.  

Yep. This pretty much nails it.

The number and severity of injuries to top players does not help. No Aaron Rodgers is bad for the game. Sucks to wake up a Packer fan this morning.

19 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yep. This pretty much nails it.

The number and severity of injuries to top players does not help. No Aaron Rodgers is bad for the game. Sucks to wake up a Packer fan this morning.

Injuries can and will happen but how they happen is important.  That hit on Rodgers was totally unnecessary.  how that wasn't a flag is beyond me with all the other flags that do get thrown.

The instant replays were iffy.  Jets got jobbed and the Skins had a phantom fumble that helped SF get back into the game.

17 minutes ago, H2O said:

Injuries can and will happen but how they happen is important.  That hit on Rodgers was totally unnecessary.  how that wasn't a flag is beyond me with all the other flags that do get thrown.

The instant replays were iffy.  Jets got jobbed and the Skins had a phantom fumble that helped SF get back into the game.

Skins also got an offensive interference call at the end that probably saved their ass. So, we shouldn't complain too loudly at ****ty calls. 

24 minutes ago, mappy said:

Skins also got an offensive interference call at the end that probably saved their ass. So, we shouldn't complain too loudly at ****ty calls. 

From what i heard is that it was def offensive PI but what made it unusual is that the ball was thrown towards Garcon instead of the player that was the benefit of the pick play.  The SF RB was wide open if the QB threw it there and that would have been easier to see the OPI.

Its one of those doesn't always get called but happens quite a lot type plays. Did it save the skins ass?  Yup.  but if the earlier fumble wasn't allowed it might not have been the most critical play on Garcon.

Letting SF score on a long TD was worse IMO.  That can't happen.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

From what i heard is that it was def offensive PI but what made it unusual is that the ball was thrown towards Garcon instead of the player that was the benefit of the pick play.  The SF RB was wide open if the QB threw it there and that would have been easier to see the OPI.

Its one of those doesn't always get called but happens quite a lot type plays. Did it save the skins ass?  Yup.  but if the earlier fumble wasn't allowed it might not have been the most critical play on Garcon.

Letting SF score on a long TD was worse IMO.  That can't happen.

It was a typical skins nail biter but they usually end up going the other way so they escaped one. The blown coverage was a byproduct of injuries and inexperience. Wentz will destroy the skins on monday night unless they get coverage and/or pressure figured out with the current personnel. I knew the niners would keep it tight. They aren't nearly as bad as their record suggests. That 10+ point spread was laughable. Hell, all big spreads were laughable yesterday. 

21 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Despite having very good talent, the Ravens D will never be great, or even consistently good, as long as Pees is coordinator. Been saying this for years. The offense is just embarrassing. Yeah the O line has injuries, but again we have an O coordinator that is a total also ran. High school level stuff. Harbaugh insisted on keeping both these guys, despite better options. Rex Ryan anyone? Time for Harbaugh to go.

Rant over./

And I think it's time to re-evaluate Ozzie Newsome as well. Tell me the last receiver he successfully drafted. I swear I'm done with Busthard Perriman

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived