Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, astarck said:

So DCA just posted the warmest record October min yesterday, right? Looks like 75 according to the climate summary. Surprised it wasn’t mentioned in this morning’s update.

876 SXUS71 KLWX 090555 RERDCA TTAA00 KKLWX DDHHMM RERDCA RECORD EVENT REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC 154 AM EDT MON OCT 9 2017 ...RECORD WARM LOW TEMPERATURE SET IN WASHINGTON DC AREA... A RECORD DAILY WARM LOW TEMPERATURE OF 75 DEGREES WAS SET AT RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL AIRPORT NEAR WASHINGTON DC YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS THE RECORD OF 68 SET IN 2007.

THIS ALSO RANKS AS THE WARMEST LOW TEMPERATURE ON RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS 74 DEGREES SET ON OCTOBER 4TH AND 5TH 1898 AND OCTOBER 4TH 1941. TEMPERATURE RECORDS FOR THE WASHINGTON DC AREA HAVE BEEN KEPT AT RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL AIRPORT SINCE 1941. ADDITIONAL TEMPERATURE RECORDS FOR THE WASHINGTON DC AREA OBSERVED DOWNTOWN DATE BACK TO 1872. ALL CLIMATE DATA ARE CONSIDERED PRELIMINARY UNTIL REVIEWED BY THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION (NCEI).

1 hour ago, astarck said:

So DCA just posted the warmest record October min yesterday, right? Looks like 75 according to the climate summary. Surprised it wasn’t mentioned in this morning’s update.

Yeah, I shattered my 'high minimum' for the date here, 67.6 vs a 62 from 1982. Crazy tropical/muggy air for October. I'll have to record search to see if that is a record for the entire month......EDIT: OK, this CRUSHED my record for late overnight warmth, not even close. So to compare, overnight was 67.6 degrees, the latest I have for a 68 degree low is 9/6/12 (68.1) and average last 68 degree night is August 12th! For 67 degrees my latest  (which this broke) was 9/16/89 (67) and average last 67 degree night is August 18th! 

Did end up with 2.70 inches of rain from storm as of 7 am, VERY much needed.

28 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That's awesome.  I'm in Ellicott City and only looking at radar estimates and they look pretty weak up my way, but your ob gives me some hope that it may be better than thought.

PWS in my neighborhood has 0.85” including yesterday.

That's awesome.  I'm in Ellicott City and only looking at radar estimates and they look pretty weak up my way, but your ob gives me some hope that it may be better than thought.

1.83” for a 2-day total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived