October Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fron this weekend.....

Beautiful maple behind Stumptown Ales:

3n3aTy8.jpg

Beautiful Breakfast Stout at Stumptown, a must-stop for any trip around that area:

aED9oXi.jpg

Black Water Falls:

TMUeePm.jpg

Down-stream from the Falls:

LN59621.jpg

View of the Black Water River gorge from Lindy Point:

0fBg5jZ.jpg

Around the recreational lake in Black Water Falls Park:

IDuFrji.jpg

Scenic overlook of the Black Water River gorge.

FZ8j3j5.jpg

* ETA:

Crap, posted it in the wrong thread.  Can a mod please move this to the foliage thread?  Don't want to interrupt the 2-page thread encompassing all of October's OBS about sunny and way-above-normal temps, broken only by a 3-4 day stretch of mostly cloudy, drizzle, and above normal temps.

Oct is the transitional month so getting a few weeks of warm is pretty normal. The upcoming pattern isn't warm across the country. The Intermountain west will be pretty wintry the next couple weeks. 

Second half will prob flip with the ridge/trough location at some point. I went late with the first freeze contest but I now have a hunch that bwi/iad both get it done before Halloween. 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Spc meso starting to look promising for some heavy downpours later. Lift , deep moisture convergence increasing. Even a couple pockets with mid level lapse rates increasing. Pwats a nasty 2.2 near DC.

I randomly checked the 0z hrrr and it stripes upper moco through b'more Co with 2" through 2am. Over .5 from 95 westward in general.  Seems like a stretch. Lol. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived