• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
October 2017 Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

75/73 at LGA as of midnight update...just preposterous for October 9th. Brutally humid and warm. Average low is like 50F right now. This is warmer than it was most of the summer.

I thought about taking the A/C out on September 9th when we had that big cooldown. My instinct told me to leave it in. I thought about taking it out last week after the last day of upper 80s/low 90s in late September, then my instinct told me to keep it in. So glad.

I've used the A/C almost every night recently. 

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nzucker said:

75/73 at LGA as of midnight update...just preposterous for October 9th. Brutally humid and warm. Average low is like 50F right now. This is warmer than it was most of the summer.

I thought about taking the A/C out on September 9th when we had that big cooldown. My instinct told me to leave it in. I thought about taking it out last week after the last day of upper 80s/low 90s in late September, then my instinct told me to keep it in. So glad.

I've used the A/C almost every night recently. 

I mean, I was sweating my a** off all night in Yankee Stadium. I left that game with the same warm, sweaty feeling like I would leave one in early August.

4 minutes ago, NortheastPAWx said:

I mean, I was sweating my a** off all night in Yankee Stadium. I left that game with the same warm, sweaty feeling like I would leave one in early August.

Go Yanks! That's awesome you went. Tanaka was lights out tonight, and Chapman held the lead. A little scary in the 9th, but he held on.

We should be up 2-1 in the series, we would be if Girardi weren't so dumb.

Yes it's incredibly muggy...my glasses fogged up everytime I went out from an air-conditioned building to the outside. Just brutal with dewpoints in the 70s in mid October.

How often does Newark beat the record high minimum by 7 degrees? 73 degrees is now the new record high minimum for the whole month of October .

...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT NEWARK NJ...

A RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 73 DEGREES WAS SET AT NEWARK NJ
YESTERDAY. THIS SHATTERS THE OLD RECORD OF 66 SET IN 2007.
...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT KENNEDY NY...

A RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 70 DEGREES WAS SET AT KENNEDY
NY YESTERDAY. THIS BROKE THE OLD RECORD OF 66 LAST SET IN 2007.
...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT LAGUARDIA NY YESTERDAY...

A RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 71 DEGREES WAS SET AT LAGUARDIA
NY YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 70 SET IN 1941.
...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT CENTRAL PARK NY...

A RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 72 DEGREES WAS SET AT CENTRAL
PARK NY YESTERDAY. THIS SHATTERS THE OLD RECORD OF 67 SET IN 2007.

2 minutes ago, danstorm said:

When in doubt, temperatures will overproduce and precip will underproduce in this pattern.

We spent a week tracking a period of light/mod rain from Nate...

even bgm got under a half inch. the best rains got pushed to near the border :axe:

15 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

If you use your imagination, and especially if you are color blind, you might be able to find 5 BN days out of the next 30 days.   Looks like a long wait ahead for some seasonal stuff.

If one really uses one's imagination, you can almost envision a scenario where you post something other than long range temperature departures/CFSv2.  

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

and more after that with this powerhouse trough coming into the west

ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_11.png

If that comes to fruition there will be places all over the Northern Rockies with record early season snows.  That's both a wet AND cold pattern for the high-terrain in WY/MT/ID.

Archived