Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017-2018 Fall/Winter Banter, Whining, Complaining Thread

Powerball

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Agree. No actual context, just warm trolling. Always says warm regardless. August was supposed to be a torch. September cool start was to be a mirage. Late September torch was more like the old broken clock analogy than actually something he legit saw coming lol.

I said the western portion of the US would torch in August, and it did.

My call for a warm September was spot on though. I knew the second half would be enough to erase those negative anomalies the first ten days. I just didn't think we'd see a historic heatwave though, that's true.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rainsucks said:

I'm trolling because I'm skeptical that it will get cold mid month, right...

You are trolling because you present no evidence other than just explicitly saying it won't happen. I can say the sun won't come up tomorrow, that doesn't mean anything but a useless troll job.

Just now, rainsucks said:

As if other posters (especially in the NE subforum) add anything of value...

This isn't NE subforum, if you want to talk about lawns and other useless things go ahead and move along to there. Using them as a reason to trash this subforum up isn't a good idea, two wrongs don't make a right. Look I said my peace on this subject, others are annoyed with it and it has gotten to the point where even people like me who actually like the warmer weather are tired of reading the nonsensical, no substance posts.

28 minutes ago, King James said:

Where is the rain? It's been about 2 months since we got anything in Will County. Can't really remember going so long without a change in weather

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Should be some chances for rain in the extended.   It will need to be consistent rains though to end the (developing) drought.  A week or two of average rains won't cut it.

44 minutes ago, Jonger said:

The heat wave looks unimpressive now.

It's going to get warm, but nothing notable.

Looks to last only a couple days before falling apart.

It is looking like more of an up and down pattern, with the temp averaging on the slightly higher than normal side of average. Hopefully with more fronts moving In and out, we will increase our chances of rain some.

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

The heat wave looks unimpressive now.

It's going to get warm, but nothing notable.

Looks to last only a couple days before falling apart.

Certainly not NEARLY as torchy as once believed earlier in the week. The numbers we were seeing would have been impressive for October, no doubt. In Northern Indiana, might only squeeze in two low 80 degree days next week before things trail back off to +5, +10 worst-case through next weekend. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Good God in heaven

That map is like straight out of winter with that intense sfc high/cold thickness layout.

Lol THAT would bring the board to life.  Lol #2 A moderator posting a 384 hr op map. If it wasn't the banter thread, you'd have to ban yourself.

Regardless, maybe a more active stretch of weather is on tap (other than temperatures).

14 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Weather must be boring if Hoosier posts a 384 hr map. Meanwhile it is snowing about 30 miles west of me! (or less). The rain and 38 degrees for the morning drive was not very pleasant.

Here is a shot from a Facebook friend in Granby (not sure of elevation):

Granby.jpg

37 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Lol THAT would bring the board to life.  Lol #2 A moderator posting a 384 hr op map. If it wasn't the banter thread, you'd have to ban yourself.

Regardless, maybe a more active stretch of weather is on tap (other than temperatures).

I only post the super long range maps when it shows something crazy... and that would qualify.  :D

That depiction is easily a 1 in 50-100 year return rate.   Flurries/dustings in October are one thing, but an actual significant accumulating snow from a synoptic system in mid October?  Only significant one that comes to mind in the general location of the southern Lakes is the 1989 storm.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I only post the super long range maps when it shows something crazy... and that would qualify.  :D

That depiction is easily a 1 in 50-100 year return rate.   Flurries/dustings in October are one thing, but an actual significant accumulating snow from a synoptic system in mid October?  Only significant one that comes to mind in the general location of the southern Lakes is the 1989 storm.

Well hell if it isn't going to give us severe, I will take this consolation even just purely for historical aspects. 

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

There should be a law against that.

If there were 384 hr maps in '89 do you think anyone would believed 'em? LOL.  Ofc, that autumn was chilly iirc, not featuring mega-torches like we just saw. Would be a stunning turnaround if October delivers anything in the way of winter goods.

43 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

If there were 384 hr maps in '89 do you think anyone would believed 'em? LOL.  Ofc, that autumn was chilly iirc, not featuring mega-torches like we just saw. Would be a stunning turnaround if October delivers anything in the way of winter goods.

It was warm in the days right before though... 70s and 80s.   Then that storm hit, immediately followed by another big warm-up in the days after.  Goofy stretch.

33 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It was warm in the days right before though... 70s and 80s.   Then that storm hit, immediately followed by another big warm-up in the days after.  Goofy stretch.

Wait, a 384 hour map and you expect something other than goofy? Might need to retorque your bolts.

Archived