Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2017 Record Breaking Heat Wave

Hoosier

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be a little bold and go with 95 at ORD tomorrow.  Reasoning is that it was 92 today, and tomorrow will have a significantly warmer start, almost identical temps aloft and perhaps slightly deeper mixing.  Barring a fly in the ointment, I am reasonably confident in mid 90s... whether it's 94, 95, 96.

28 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I'm going to be a little bold and go with 95 at ORD tomorrow.  Reasoning is that it was 92 today, and tomorrow will have a significantly warmer start, almost identical temps aloft and perhaps slightly deeper mixing.  Barring a fly in the ointment, I am reasonably confident in mid 90s... whether it's 94, 95, 96.

I will buy in, 94-95 is going to happen, should be starting from a higher min than last night as well.

Just now, Chicago Storm said:

Yea, good trends for now. Every push of cirrus erodes as it moves towards the metro area.

As long as that continues 90 looks good, but 95 or anything around that looks unlikely still.

Yeah, I will blame the morning cirrus if mid 90s fails.  Still holding out hope though.

87 at ORD.  A lot of places rose 8-10 degrees from this point yesterday so if the sky situation doesn't deteriorate, mid 90s would still be reachable.

One difference from yesterday is a weaker gradient, but this should not be enough to bring any lake cooling that far west.  

This setup is sort of counterintuitive to what you would expect to be more likely to produce mid 90s type heat so far north this late in the season... like, we don't have a strong low passing to the north resulting in stout southwesterly flow, but my call from last night was made with that in mind.

92/59   ORD   I'll take that DP.   Jet engines scouring out the swamp ass.  What a hot box ORD is.

We made 80 at MKE Hot Box.   MKE likes to shine on the tail end of heatwaves  Going forward in to weekend we should Rocket up to close to 90 in the AM and then pray for lake breeze.

Archived