Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2017 Record Breaking Heat Wave

Hoosier

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM has been doing something wonky with cloud cover locally tomorrow (holding temps in the 70s through the morning). Even then, it still manages to get us to around 90*F by the mid-afternoon hours.

I'm going to go bold and say Detroit will either match or surpass the high of 92*F from back in June tomorrow. There's the factor of the downsloping WSW wind coming into play tomorrow, and we all know how well DTW torches under that setup.

11 hours ago, Powerball said:

The NAM has been doing something wonky with cloud cover locally tomorrow (holding temps in the 70s through the morning). Even then, it still manages to get us to around 90*F by the mid-afternoon hours.

I'm going to go bold and say Detroit will either match or surpass the high of 92*F from back in June tomorrow. There's the factor of the downsloping WSW wind coming into play tomorrow, and we all know how well DTW torches under that setup.

Believe me I know as well as anyone how DTW does torch under those circumstances, but it just seems ma nature is hellbent that DTW (or DET for that matter) will not eclipse the low 90s in 2017. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Already 87 at ORD.

Actually running a little ahead of yesterday (today did have a warmer start).

Those streaks I mentioned above had some 90-91 temps mixed in, so if ORD were to hit 92 today, it would be the only 7 day streak of 92+ in the past 20 years.  And of course all the more remarkable that it's latter September.

22 hours ago, Chinook said:

Toledo has hit 90 today, so they have had four 90 degree days June, one in July, and five in September. None in August. Toledo's hottest temp in August was 87, which is fairly unusual.

This probably won't surprise you. Toledo, Mansfield, and Cleveland broke or tied records yesterday. That's three records in five days for Toledo. All five days have been 90+. Today, Toledo is up to 88 at of 1:00PM.

AT 400 PM EDT (300 PM EST), THE TEMPERATURE AT TOLEDO EXPRESS   
AIRPORT REACHED 92 DEGREES. THIS SETS A NEW RECORD HIGH FOR   
SEPTEMBER 25. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS 91 DEGREES SET ON THIS DATE IN   

Archived