• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

I have several thermometers on my property and the one I use for records gets a lot of sun during the afternoon....however on all thermometers I only recorded 1 day all summer above 90 this year and I have had several years here without a day hitting 90 - heck in 2004/2013 and 2014 I had no such days! I always chalk it up to having a good weather station - a Davis Vantage Pro with the fan aspirated shield.... gives me very reliable readings even in full sun which many stations struggle with.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

Moderate Snow

When I went out earlier today, I figured those CAA clouds probably had some white stuff coming out of them somewhere.  My high today was 47 (so far) but since it has started raining, am getting some evaporative cooling and the temp is down to 44F w/dp fluctuating in the upper 30s.  Have 0.02" of rain so far.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

37/18 Friday wow! Skipping frost&freeze straight to January.

Yeah - and it does feel like it kind of snuck up on us, the degree of it. Makes me smile! Even though the boiler controller crapped out late this afternoon - good timing, lol. Could be worse, at least it's 40F outside here now....after the ice storm in 2014 with no power for 3 days, it was 41F inside the house - you could see your breath. That's when I do my best research for whole house generators, during a power outage.

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Yeah - and it does feel like it kind of snuck up on us, the degree of it. Makes me smile! Even though the boiler controller crapped out late this afternoon - good timing, lol. Could be worse, at least it's 40F outside here now....after the ice storm in 2014 with no power for 3 days, it was 41F inside the house - you could see your breath. That's when I do my best research for whole house generators, during a power outage.

The boiler? Where are you the Overlook hotel lol

Problem with generators is i have only needed them 3x in the last 30 years 94, 2011&2012 and they have pesky regular maintenance and tuneups to perform so they work for that one time a decade..

Looks like our first Miller B of the season early next week. System moves into the OV then redevelops off the coast. Not quite cold enough for snow yet for majority in this subforum but NE PA could see some wet snow as the system wraps up pending track proximity to coast. In classic Miller B fashion has a precip screw zone for someone between primary and secondary. Reminds me of 2000-2001 which is one of the analog years I used for winter outlook. LR ens still showing -nao developing post Nov 19 which looks West-based for now. Decent look. Op gfs most aggressive with true -nao block but not as west-based as eps/gefs.

Archived