Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how it was looking like Jose would work to allow an escape for Maria. Now that's changed and the ridge appears to build and push her northwest toward the NC Outer Banks, and a perfect track if she continued north for us to feel some of her effects, but....she stalls and waits for the front to push her out to sea.

Funny how it works out. We missed Irma's remnants as she went northwest to Tennessee. Jose stayed well off shore. And now the stall of Maria waiting for the cold front...

We just can't get a tropical entity into our area this year...

After a somewhat wet summer, it certainly has gotten dry around here the last few weeks. I was mowing a portion of the yard yesterday and kicked up a lot of dust. Some tropical remnants would be welcomed, but it doesn't look like any significant rains are in the offing. Warm and dry--seems sort of La Nina-ish.

All or nothing weather we went from ridiculous level cool weather for the season and rain forest conditions last third of August into September then no rain at all and now completing the most awful record heat wave on record for late September, which is interesting because last September was the hottest on record. Most incredible the GFS shows 0.00" rain until hour 336 lol that would be the driest 30 day stretch on record if it verified. Saw the Christmas stuff up in lows today with sweat soaked through my shirt it was like being in Florida  just insane earth is broken!

* There are early indications of doing big heat again in October

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Just to last couple nights NBC 10 added Meteorologist Steven Sosna. Although young he seemed personable and knowledgeable. I though he was "borrowed" for some reason. That makes 5  Mets for NBC 10 (I think?)

ss.jpg

I think Erika Martin left. I'm sure she was nice, but she never blinked and it creeped me out! I saw the new guy a few nights ago and yeah, I thought he did a good job.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, RedSky said:

All or nothing weather we went from ridiculous level cool weather for the season and rain forest conditions last third of August into September then no rain at all and now completing the most awful record heat wave on record for late September, which is interesting because last September was the hottest on record. Most incredible the GFS shows 0.00" rain until hour 336 lol that would be the driest 30 day stretch on record if it verified. Saw the Christmas stuff up in lows today with sweat soaked through my shirt it was like being in Florida  just insane earth is broken!

* There are early indications of doing big heat again in October

Hey Red...nothing close to last year - we will finish only slightly 1 degree or so above average for September and more that 2.2 degrees cooler than last year!

Climate summary for today - Hi/Lo - East Nantmeal 71.5/59.6 (current temp) and in Sea Isle City 78.1/68.1 (current temp). We look to finish about 1 degree or a bit less above normal for the month based no our late warm spell. Of course here in NW Chesco the warmest we could manage from this spell was just 84.1 on Monday....NW Chesco where 90's come to die!

2 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Hey Red...nothing close to last year - we will finish only slightly 1 degree or so above average for September and more that 2.2 degrees cooler than last year!

3.2F above last year for Chester? I believe Philly and NYC were 5+ above average. Sometimes I like to look at 30 day averages beyond calendar months and the Sep 15 to Oct 15 time frame is going to be significantly warm.

Looks like we will end with only a slightly warmer than usual month here in Chester County...with an average temp through today of 66.1 or 1.1 degrees above our 35 year September norm. I saw at PHL this will be the 14th warmest September in the climate data set for PHL. Here in Chester County we are looking at either the 49th or 50th warmest September since records began in 1894. The heat island/airport impact grows greater with every passing year. In looking at just the past 35 years of records here in Chester County it appears this will in fact only be the 11th or 12th warmest in that time period. Just since 2000 we have had 8 warmer Septembers than our current September. ABE is projecting to finish at 1.2 degrees warmer than Chester County  here in September but their projected 67.8 would be their 10th warmest September since 1923.

Archived