Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
October 2017 Discussion

Hoosier

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

some areas of SE MI saw some flakes this morning. Didnt notice any here, but we did have some Fri night. Blustery cold Oct day though.

I am 90% certain I saw a few flakes dropping in downtown Detroit this morning for a 30 second time frame. 

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second vid is pretty good :lol:...funnel clouds/waterspouts while it's snowing are definitely one of the cooler things that can happen this time of year. 

It "attempted" to snow here for about half an hour with the batch of rain that moved through.  A few extremely mangled flakes made it through to the ground off and on, and I could see some remnant ice crystals splattering on my windshield as I drove home.  I'm hesitant to say it "snowed" because it was all at least half melted. 

I'm hoping for perhaps an instability flurry or two Tuesday morning, after that looks like no snow for a little while.

12 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Some sleet pellets hitting the west windows atm.  First frozen precip of the season.  Starting off with IP surely won't be a sign for the future will it? :tomato:

La Nina = somebody getting sleeted to death

Actually, I'm not sure if there's any meaningful correlation there.  I can think of significant sleet storms from all types of ENSO regimes.

6 minutes ago, rainsucks said:

Would have thought 2014 would be colder, remember that one being particularly brutal.

Midnight high of 47.  Most of that day was spent in the upper 30s with a brief rise into the low 40s, which looks similar to what will happen this time.

Saw the first flakes of the season! Currently 34° and snow! Rain and heavy at times all night transitioned to snow little over an hour ago! Light accumulation on cars and grassy surfaces. Beautiful to watch come down. Had to wake up early so I wouldn’t miss it, but totally worth it! Can’t wait for LES to start kicking in!

26 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

Wow, I don't remember all that snow in SEMI where I was living then, just winter-like temps. Gonna have to look up storm data to see what brought all that so early in the season?

LOL. No snow, just cold as heck. I just threw that picture up as thought of how cold it was for trick or treaters that year.

EDIT: I actually just checked. The morning low was 19°, but in the afternoon, it jumped up to 50°, so it really wasn't that cold on the evening of the 31st.

Archived