Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2017 Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Our temp took a dive as soon as the clouds deck moved off to the east this evening.  The airport was already 27 at 9pm.  The yard is already frosted.

Nice.  You guys have had a hard freeze for several hours already.  Still a relatively balmy 34 here under the remaining low-level cloud deck.  The western edge of the cloud deck is almost here though so we should see temps plummet over the next hour or so.  

8 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Nice.  You guys have had a hard freeze for several hours already.  Still a relatively balmy 34 here under the remaining low-level cloud deck.  The western edge of the cloud deck is almost here though so we should see temps plummet over the next hour or so.  

The airport is 22 now... about 25 here.  The garden is toast.  I'm keeping four pots of flowers alive in the garage, but I won't be able to bring them out until it warms above freezing.  I  hope my two hummingbirds can discover the feeders.

2 hours ago, blackrock said:

Thanks! Really hoping for those Alberta Clippers with lake enhancement...or a low that stalls over Lake Superior and ushers in cold air on a west wind. :)

Verbatim, NAM for tomorrow into Tues would likely be warning level snows for a lot of WMI. Western 2/3 of the UP's gonna stack some flakes for sure. 

Archived