• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

20 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

It isn't more east based, it is becoming more centrally based. 95-96 is a horrible analog. 96-97 would be a better analog.

Still looks east-based to me, and is going to remain weak and east-based....the thing is going to be gone by January or February..

When are you going to call it, June?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Still looks east-based to me, and is going to remain weak and east-based....the thing is going to be gone by January or February..

When are you going to call it, June?

Agree..... east-based and weak.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2017 at 4:17 PM, Angrysummons said:

It isn't more east based, it is becoming more centrally based. 95-96 is a horrible analog. 96-97 would be a better analog.

I'm not sure why you say that. It clearly has an east-based look currently. CFS forecasts it to remain that way in DEC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormchaserChuck said:

Really nice and anomalous -NAO happening now!

(Conditions around the rest of the Northern Hemisphere do not favor this - and the NAO is quite negative!)

This is, once again, a big indicator for the upcoming 3 months. 

Not seeing it. The NAO dipped to -1 SD a couple days ago, but will be oscillating up to +1 SD for the next week or so. By December 15th, the Dec 1-15th NAO mean is likely to be near neutral, or possibly even ever so slightly positive. So far, it's not a propitious indication of an ensuing moderate to strongly negative NAO winter.

• Like 3

Moderately to strongly positive NAO winter, for meteorological winter DJF. My forecast of a +NAO winter verified. Another successful year for the indicators.

2017    0.88
2018   1.44   1.58