Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Events in New Maximum

AfewUniversesBelowNormal

How easy it is for storms to just ride into Cat 4

track.gif

A jump that will have effects for a few years. 

future.png

Long range GFS ensembles growing warmer every new year. The highest +anomaly composite I've seen at day 14. 

f324.gif

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/08/29/harvey-marks-the-most-extreme-rain-event-in-u-s-history/?utm_term=.18549577c448

This storm was nothing. A few days before landfall, just a weak swirl. 

These are real climate events. I think this is a threshold crossed. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch Maria easily coast into Category 4 in very little time. These things just don't happen. Sometime look over tropical season maps from the last 60 years and you'll see what I'm talking about. The placement and track of rapid intensification: Irma, Maria
I think without suppression engineering, there would be some really cool things happening worldwide. These things are first signs, or maybe some breaks in the shield. 

4 minutes ago, StormchaserChuck said:

Watch Maria easily coast into Category 4 in very little time. These things just don't happen. Sometime look over tropical season maps from the last 60 years and you'll see what I'm talking about. The placement and track of rapid intensification: Irma, Maria
I think without suppression engineering, there would be some really cool things happening worldwide. These things are first signs, or maybe some breaks in the shield. 

Elaborate please on the engineering of height fields and how hurricanes are manipulated. It seems sound to me but I have never recieved or figured out a concrete reasoning for it. I stopped seeing chemtrails in the sky about 1-2 years ago in my area and many people report the same. In additon, there are still regular contrails but the difference is immense.

There is a possibility of some atmospheric change reducing persistent contrails? In such a case, is suppression engineering actually real? We are still in the early stages of AGW. The oceans require time to response but with the amount of forcing in-situ, this will be more or less complete by 2050. We will largely have a pliocene ocean-state by 2050. Barring nuclear wars and/or volcanoes.

no worries.

Since I see we now have geo-engineering techniques that could either warm or cool the planet.   Whatever is needed, they'll implement. 

first seeding experiments were done in the 40's guys.   The 40's !    as you can see below.  

they want everybody to think it's all crazy talk...just like Roswell never happened

Dry-Ice-Seeding.jpg

Ultimately geoengineering (Whatever form it is in now?) is a lost cause without SRM (and global dimming is gone as of 2017 except over the West Pac and decreasing) and emissions reductions. What we need is actually something along the lines of Snowpiercer. A latent particle that eats CO2 and/or latent heat. It's humorous to believe the powers that be think kicking the can down the road was the best option. It's actually not because it allows Co2 to keep building and for civilization to keep functioning when it otherwise would have been shut down early on by things like Sea Level Rise and agricultural failure.

Another indictation that nobody is at the helm of the sinking ship.

It's an interesting piece however jet exhaust is very hot and tends to condensate with the air especially in winter. I just haven't seen anything like that in the warm season. However, aviation has contributed to global dimming since the 1980s. This is well known but the idea of it being intentional seems far out there. Coal factories contributed to global dimming as well.

The X pattern is interesting but planes use sophisticated GPS autopilot systems that are very linear. Various planes traveling in different directions but always in straight lines, sometimes changing altitude as a result of landing.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We heard this type of argument in 2004 and 2005 after all those big hurricane strikes on the U.S. Then we didn't get hit by a major hurricane for over a decade.

What do you think about Irma over the eastern Atlantic, 1st image. (I know you have a lot of experience with these maps)

It is a complex story. The Euro run from 12z gives credance to the geo-engineering argument however there is also evidence for extreme blocking caused by AGW. In a sense, the same process that caused Sandy looks to shield the US at this time from Maria. In addition, an increased number of TCs does not always imply more US landfalls for specific locations.

Archived