Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Maria

downeastnc

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to imagine a way Maria makes it to the east coast given the setup....really about the only chance as I see it is she is either faster than modeled and or Jose fizzes a lot faster.....we are still talking a good 7-8 days out so plenty could change but there seems to be strong agreement with the way Jose plays out so its a wait and see game now. Puerto Rico on the other hand is about to take their worse cane hit on record probably unless they get lucky with a timely ERC....

There has been a fairly decent west shift in most of the models today...the Euro/GFS/CMC hell even the Navgem are further west....still a week out from a landfall in NC if it did indeed come here.....that's a lot of time for the models to change, I am sure there will be some G4 flights over the west ATL and more balloons later this week as well to try and get a better handle on the players as we get closer.

50 minutes ago, Solak said:

906???????????

Image won't load.

San Juan is gonna get drilled.  Really sucks to see this horror unfold.  Lots of people live there and many of the homes are shoddy at best.  The images of damage tomorrow night into Thursday should be just awful.  Puerto Rico is a beautiful island.  I've been there twice and even saw my first and only waterspout there at the airport of all places, which sits right near the water.  Close enough to where I could see the waterspout from the window of the gate inside the airport.

Archived