Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weather Flow

MikeB_01

• 1 month later...

I have received the first half of my WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station a couple of weeks ago.  (Read about it here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations#/updates/all  or watch the promotional video: 

More specifically the AIR portion of it which includes temperature/humidity/barometric pressure and a lightning detection function.  The SKY portion of the weather station is not yet available and has additional functionality such as wind speed/direction, rain gauge etc.  How it detects wind/rainfall is rather novel for a low price weather station.  

Overall, it was very easy to set up. In a few minutes, was able to set up it on cellphone so can view data remotely.  In the same amount of time, I was able to set it up as a reporting station on Weather Underground.  It provides data almost in real time with nice charts to show trends.  

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/1800/   If you click on the temperature etc you can view the nice charts. Use the + or - key to view different periods of time. 

The temperature sensor appears to be very accurate based on surrounding weather stations.   I installed it on a pole in the shade a couple of meters off the ground.  (A radiation shield is recommended for non shady locations.) The humidity sensor which measures relative humidity then converts it to dew point seems to be about 3 or 4 degrees too moist for some reason on my station although others don't report having this problem.  

The lightning sensor appears to be designed for warning the user when cloud to ground lightning strokes are nearby rather than accurately counting lightning strikes or pin pointing their location except a simple distance estimate.  

Looking forward to receiving the SKY portion of the weather station.  The Company is still doing some more field testing prior to releasing the final product. (If the latest testing iteration is successful, the SKY portion might be available by Christmas.) 

Archived