SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Jose

dmillz25

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a break from surfing in Long Beach at national blvd and the waves are surprisingly small. (Relatively) mostly in the 6-8' range. Based on past storms pretty underwhelming. I was hoping to score an interview with Stephanie Abrahms from the weather channel but they weren't having anything to do with the hundreds of surfers in the water. I guess it take away from the "storm" feel to have all these guys (and a few girls) having a blast today 

IMG_0184.JPG

16 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Waves seemed a little underwhelming on the ocean-exposed surf cams I was checking earlier. Been thinking about driving to a beach somewhere in eastern NE to photograph the swells but I guess it's probably not worth it as things stand.

I wouldn't think so. We have seen much larger surf from storms much further offshore. 

Breezy with showers currently in Long Beach. If this thing wasn't named absolutely no one would think anything of it

9 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I wouldn't think so. We have seen much larger surf from storms much further offshore. 

Breezy with showers currently in Long Beach. If this thing wasn't named absolutely no one would think anything of it

And that's amazing because at the jersey shore surf was enormous this morning.  Complete 180 from yesterday 

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Taking a break from surfing in Long Beach at national blvd and the waves are surprisingly small. (Relatively) mostly in the 6-8' range. Based on past storms pretty underwhelming. I was hoping to score an interview with Stephanie Abrahms from the weather channel but they weren't having anything to do with the hundreds of surfers in the water. I guess it take away from the "storm" feel to have all these guys (and a few girls) having a blast today 

IMG_0184.JPG

lol 6-8 feet though and you are complaining?, in Sept?, could be flat as a pancake like usual. glad you got out. 

Just now, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, alright, that's pretty good. I always love that spray look. Need to pick up surfing one day so I have double excuses to make the trip. 

live stream, so great surfers out there at times and some decent sets, I know at least one of the surfers very well

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/matunuck-new-england_41373/

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There are winter storms that deserved to be named way more than this.

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

A quick .29 with the heavier band moving through the South Shore. I will take it since it has been so dry the last few weeks.

http://www.nysmesonet.org/mesonow#?stid=WANT

It came down in buckets in wantagh with that. Had that tropical squall feel with very low visibility and tiny rain drops. It was also accompanied by much stronger winds then at any other point today. I would estimate gusting 30+ at my house. Not bad for a storm 300 miles away 

Archived