Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Jose

dmillz25

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jose is over the Gulf Stream  [37.5N, 71.4W] right now and looks healthy, but it is about to enter water in the low 70's.

Also, GFS 18Z is one day faster and closer with Maria---but it still misses and gets absorbed by that trough, probably enhancing it and the BN air behind it.

The enhanced 500mb trough then deepens and picks up something from the GOM and gives us heavy rain on Oct. 05.

1 hour ago, qg_omega said:

Great sunset

Amazing sunset!  That's the first sign that fall is here :)  Anyone take any pics of it?

I heard a report of trees down in Bellmore, although I don't see how because the winds were never that strong here, and I'm less than 30 min from Bellmore.

50 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Amazing sunset!  That's the first sign that fall is here :)  Anyone take any pics of it?

I heard a report of trees down in Bellmore, although I don't see how because the winds were never that strong here, and I'm less than 30 min from Bellmore.

From my wife's room at north shore hospital. Yep, it's a boy. 

IMG_2414.JPG

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

From my wife's room at north shore hospital. Yep, it's a boy. 

IMG_2414.JPG

Wow, what a perfect end to a perfect day right there- I also love the foreground, just as much as the background.  Congrats!  I love the scenery around the north shore, especially when the fall foliage season starts :)

Jose missed BM by about 125 miles (now near 39.8N  67.9W, and weakening).  A spiral arm may back in during PM, keeping clouds around.

As for Maria, GEFS has no members near any of the US coast.  GEPS has a few that reach coast.  Bermuda is spared too, first to the west of them, then curving north of them.

Over the last couple of days I've been traveling around between NJ and eastern MA and up to northern VT. It has been pretty cool seeing the bands and watching the (lack of) progression of Jose. Yesterday as I headed east through CT we went through two bands and a few round of showers. As we turned north up I91 it slowly cleared and you could clearly see the distinction between bands and we finally broke out of it around central VT. Coming home last night it was in and out from about that same area and there were some heavy wind driven bands as we got into southern MA and scattered showers with significant wind over some of the high spots on I84 in CT.

The faster 12Z CMC does its damage here before trough kicks it out.    3"/Tropical force winds on Wed.  Basically it still stays off the coast.  It is allowed to come further north than GFS, before meeting the same fate that it suffers from the slower GFS.

1 hour ago, CIK62 said:

The faster 12Z CMC does its damage here before trough kicks it out.    3"/Tropical force winds on Wed.  Basically it still stays off the coast.  It is allowed to come further north than GFS, before meeting the same fate that it suffers from the slower GFS.

Jose destroyed the waters that Maria will traverse. We basically have a protective shield around us now. Personally I would rather it stay a little further offshore. Better weather and still tremendous surf. Jose for us has been a giant snooze fest. With .30" for the event here on the island and a couple of 30+ gusts. 

Coastally the beaches took a real beating. Erosion and flooding at Jones Beach has been on par with the worst of noreasters. 

Archived