Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Jose

dmillz25

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't write Jose off just yet. There is really nothing that forces Jose east. The Arctic Oscillation is forecast to go negative along with the NAO heading in a positive direction leading to increased blocking which the models will correct for in the coming days.

1 hour ago, Metsfan said:

Don't write Jose off just yet. There is really nothing that forces Jose east. The Arctic Oscillation is forecast to go negative along with the NAO heading in a positive direction leading to increased blocking which the models will correct for in the coming days.

Too foolish to write off Jose just yet even if the models are east of the area.

14 hours ago, rclab said:

I lived on 75th street off of 11th ave. in dyker heights up until 63. You could play stickball in that street there were so few cars in the fifties.

only the big kids age 13+ played in the street we Younger kids played stickball in a community drive we called the big alley.

We ran our spauldings into the ground. Or at least until there once high bounce was a memory.

Wow I used to live on 75th (Bay Ridge Parkway) between 5th and 6th Avenue. Great area. Taught at the school on 4th Ave.

Anecdotally speaking, the past several days are a dish of humid and quasi-tropical airmass. Dews in upper 60s to 70 abound, and atmosphere is milky cloud ridden . So if Jose wants to strike it's obviously abetted by a favorable airmass ahead of it. 

Not comparing sloppy/mostly east bound Jose to others, but I remember with Gloria several days of cloudy, murky, rainy weather. History has it that 1938 came into similar airmass. 

Whatever happens with Jose HIS path up here is obviously made a bit more pleasant with the existing airmass. This is no blue-skies, low-dew, September weather pattern he is headed in to. 

IMG_7627.PNG

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Both the Euro and NAM bring a significant event into the area. I'm kind of shocked at the lack of posts in this thread. 

People think this is going OTS because of the hurricane models lol

The winds and rain bands are going to expand as the storm transitions.

19 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

My guess is 40-45 mph gusts tops.  And I still think this ticks east anyway.  This will probably end up scaring the hell out of everyone for no reason 

Euro looks like the gusts will be stronger on Long Island than what SE New England will see anyway.  50-55mph gusts with 2+ inches of rain sounds like a strong possibility.

4 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Euro looks like the gusts will be stronger on Long Island than what SE New England will see anyway.  50-55mph gusts with 2+ inches of rain sounds like a strong possibility.

Yeah I think E LI as of now may see that.  The 5 boroughs though is probably low 40s.  There may be a gust or two higher but that's also assuming we don't see this jog east somewhat 

Archived