Total Members
    Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
Tyler Penland

2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Well, I guess next Wednesday is looking interesting. I'm not ready to bite yet. For some reason, it just doesn't seem like the set-up would favor us, but I hope to be wrong. Anybody else have some thoughts on the potential?

My only thought so far, is we have a way better chance to score on this one compared to the last one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

My only thought so far, is we have a way better chance to score on this one compared to the last one.

I agree 100%. I'm going to try and contain any excitement until at least Monday, after a weekend of positive returns on the models (hopefully). 

27 near Lake Fontana... everything frozen over with the rain not even a couple hours ago, with a glaze and some light snow flakes.  That was fast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wow said:

27 near Lake Fontana... everything frozen over with the rain not even a couple hours ago, with a glaze and some light snow flakes.  That was fast.

Where are you staying?

36 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

And why did he pick Lake Fontana?

Maybe he is staying in Bryson city? That place is like a mini Gatlinburg, rentals all over the place. Construction is booming over there!

30 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Where are you staying?

Little rental cabin near the lake in Almond for the weekend... yes, near Bryson City.  Quite lovely on top of this mountain overlooking the lake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wow said:

Little rental cabin near the lake in Almond for the weekend... yes, near Bryson City.  Quite lovely on top of this mountain overlooking the lake.

Yeah it's a nice little town. TVA has done a lot to clean up Fontana. 

Steady wind-whipped snow flying here in Boone. The temperature plunge was unreal! I can’t recall it dropping that fast, in recent memory. Cars and ground coated already, enjoy fellas. 

41 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Light to moderate snow this morning with about an inch on the ground. Temp is 16 degrees. 

Nice !   Picked up a decent dusting here. Nothing spectacular, but even though it was mentioned, kind of a surprise. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

Nice !   Picked up a decent dusting here. Nothing spectacular, but even though it was mentioned, kind of a surprise. 

Nice man! Yeah it is flat putting it down here this morning. The roads are snow covered, the vehicle doors are ride shut. The wind is ripping! This is winter again!

21 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

This is a real treat this morning.  Heavy wind whipped snow with low visibility. 

Looking at the radar, there is an area in middle TN that you might give you a little boost too. 

• Like 1

About a half of an inch of snow in Maggie Valley and a pretty decent cover on the drive in to Canton this morning. Some slick roads out there. Kind of surprised there is no WWA between the snow and black ice with the low temperatures.

• Like 1