• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Snow13
    Newest Member
    Snow13

2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Alright. I'm heading south. ZR totals from the NAM. 6058b9b66de163f63f330df39c73f42a.jpg&key=109a922b6bf65288e7aef3265fb375b93b0f0c1fa79b468ee8bd5f6598f8d635

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Can not believe there isn’t more talk about this. We seriously need some more NW mtns folks in this forum!

36 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Can not believe there isn’t more talk about this. We seriously need some more NW mtns folks in this forum!

Yeah. We're gonna be riding the line between SN/ZR/IP the whole time. Hopefully this works out to 8-10" of snow instead but the NAM doesn't miss warm noses very often and rarely, if ever, overdoes them.

• Like 1

Heading back up the mountain Sunday. If the ice projection from the NAM verifies, we are thoroughly screwed. Lights out for 2 weeks or more in that scenario. 

Lesson of the day, the NAM Kuchera is garbage. We already have 4X what it said we would and it’s not even 11am. It’s been saying a dusting for the last 3 days

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

I would say what’s falling now is sleet flakes, not really sleet but not really snow. Also don’t have the heavy returns over us yet.

Radar looks immense upstream. Hopefully we can go back to the fat flakes we had earlier when the heavier stuff gets here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Gone to extremely light rn/zr/ip mix here west of Boone. Basically no returns out this way though.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Once those heavier returns come over us we should go back over to all snow 

Not too impressed with the radar now. Southern side of the storm has really fallen apart. Keeps fizzling out as it approaches NW mtns. Unless the track takes a drastic shift south I don’t see us getting much more.