• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

A dusting here on Rittle Knob, cold and very windy.  Drove daughter to school (2hr. delay here in Watauga today) lots of rocks in the road in several places where water had crossed 194.  On a different note...my daughter had that tornado go by her work in GBO yesterday.  Prayers and thoughts with those folks affected by yesterday's storms.  Stay warm folks, forecasted here for low of 23 tonight.  It's gonna hit all the blooms and buds again.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SnoJoe said:

The last squall that came through a few minutes ago it was blizzard conditions. Wind gust hit 57 during the middle of it. I have over 3 here. Wind chill hanging around 0. More than I expected from this storm. 

Yeah, I was putting snow chains on my wife's vehicle in that so she could get home.  Fun times. 

I love the DOT guys. They keep this county functioning in winter. But after March, they're like deal with it. You've had practice.

21 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I have 3.75" but there was quite a bit of sleet that compacted it this afternoon.  Coming through McKinney Gap tonight was probably the most treacherous it's been all winter, and NCDOT is nowhere to be found.  

15 hours ago, Hvward said:

NWF really about to start kicking in over the next few hours. Should see some of these snow showers make it into Downtown Asheville later this evening.

Got a dusting just east of downtown and reportedly there were flakes flying at the Tourists game.  It reached 32 F by about 7 PM IMBY; the spring sprouts have taken a major hit.

Also, I saw the story last evening on WLOS about you Hunter; great to see!

7 hours ago, Moonhowl said:

Got a dusting just east of downtown and reportedly there were flakes flying at the Tourists game.  It reached 32 F by about 7 PM IMBY; the spring sprouts have taken a major hit.

Also, I saw the story last evening on WLOS about you Hunter; great to see!

Thanks Moonhowl!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 1:18 AM, Buckethead said:

No Spring/Summer thread this year?  Met where are ya?!?!  (I'm guessing on a train somewhere...)

I can sum it up in three words.... We HATE summer. There are a few exceptions. Homegrown tomatoes, fishing, and watching the grand kids catching fireflies. Oh yeah almost forgot, watching distant lightning on a summer night. 

Archived