Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Yeah we have switch to sleet/zr now. Hoping the temps warm like models project. Nobody wants to cancel their Super Bowl party.

It would have been great to have a nice 6-8 inch snow event to play in till game time. Thankfully ice doesn't last long west  of the balsams.

Just now, MotoWeatherman said:

Snowed for a few hours then sleet and freezing rain.  Now just rain with the occasionally sloppy wet flake splattering on the window.  Ready for the flow snow tonight hoping to eek out an inch or two. 

Hey Moto what are your thoughts on the flow snow this eve think we can sneak another couple inches out?

15 minutes ago, Eastcoast2 said:

Couple inches so far just changed over to a mix 

Wow jackpot.  Our snow ended 3 hours ago.  Still have sloppy flakes mixed in but that's it. 

Regarding flow thinking and inch or so for most about 4000 ft.  2 inches in the highest elevations.  There isn't as much moisture as last event. 

16 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

Not sure if my temp is right been stuck for 45 min or so but still show 31.4 and the backend of precip moving through looks like an inch of snow with a 1/4 of ice think we lost some during heavy precip

It's hard to believe but mine is still 32 usually we furnace by now. I think the heavy rain saved us from more ice

Archived