Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vort max appears south of progged coming out of KS/MO. Could benefit the Highcountry if more precip hangs back behind the front. This moisture scours out a lot faster than the previous system, so it must work fast. MRX is pretty excited our side of the Smokies. I think I'd rather be in NC though.

4 minutes ago, nrgjeff said:

Vort max appears south of progged coming out of KS/MO. Could benefit the Highcountry if more precip hangs back behind the front. This moisture scours out a lot faster than the previous system, so it must work fast. MRX is pretty excited our side of the Smokies. I think I'd rather be in NC though.

Thanks for the update sir! Great to hear this.

Gonna keep this short. Just in case ya couldn't tell by my post count I'm a newbie here. I've been following your mountains and foothill winter threads for a couple of years now and just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I've loved reading this thread and learning more about weather. And yea, I especially love that ya'll can help me decide when I need to make a run to the mountains for snow! Ya'll are just awesome and you help more people than you realize. Met, best wishes in your future endeavors. You will be missed here. Now, I'll shut up and go back to lurking and watching since I am no weatherperson, just an individual that enjoys the snow and taking pictures of weather.

3 hours ago, MaggyNoLia said:

Gonna keep this short. Just in case ya couldn't tell by my post count I'm a newbie here. I've been following your mountains and foothill winter threads for a couple of years now and just wanted to say thank you to all of you. I've loved reading this thread and learning more about weather. And yea, I especially love that ya'll can help me decide when I need to make a run to the mountains for snow! Ya'll are just awesome and you help more people than you realize. Met, best wishes in your future endeavors. You will be missed here. Now, I'll shut up and go back to lurking and watching since I am no weatherperson, just an individual that enjoys the snow and taking pictures of weather.

Thank You! I leave the 11th for Illinois.  Also great to see others posting in the thread. Don't hesitate at anytime to post here. The more the better.

Archived