Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

It's going to be interesting watching this "band" just about disappear coming off the Cumberland Plateau and then magically reappearing when the upper level energy hits the apps and the radar goes "BAM".  Quick 2-3 hours of decent snow along the TN line (and some areas east of there) and then more shallow moisture flow stuff until mid Tuesday AM.

I've been wondering about that as well, as it continues to weaken/vanish; would be nice if said 'band' did begin to re-strengthen as it closes in on the mountains! There's a decent amount of (mostly light) precipitation across the Ohio Valley/Upper Tennessee Valley, I'm interested to see how much can actually make it over the Apps.  

11 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

the radar has really lit up the past few frames.

Definitely! Just before 5:30 Swain county, especially, really just exploded with light returns, which have also spread, albeit more scattered into Haywood and Graham. Lets hope as the energy nears the area this continues to be the trend and the snow showers are able to break containment into the valleys!

2 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

oops my timing was off as well. For some reason, I was thinking that the front had already passed the area as well. 

The front has passed but sometimes the winds and stuff lag a bit behind.  :)  Expect NWFS from probably midnight til mid morning after the "band" moves through.

Archived