Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

20 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Whats your facebook page name? Even though I am not living in the area at the moment I will share it with friends and family. You are a great forecaster

Here ya go. Ward does great FB live events. 

https://www.facebook.com/Ashevillewx/

Also, sitting down the mountain in the foothills my interest in this event has gone up during today's models runs. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

The general idea from some models, that the moisture will just vanish as it approaches the mountains, doesn't seem logical to me. I feel like to some degree, geographical lift would have to prevent this. 

You see orographic lift do this to warmer systems a lot. A line of thunderstorms or rain shield vanishes as it hits the mountains. Not sure if it's the same case in winter because of it being a key component for flow snow. Maybe Conductor Met (Congrats!) or others can enlighten us.

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

You can tell how weak the line is on radar. It is breaking up already. I think this thing will be maybe flurries and a few snow showers before drying up. At least before the upslope snow begins. 

I was thinking the same thing; expect destruction of the line when it hits the mountains.  I hope it can get back together and do something for central NC.

Archived