Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up 2 more inches of snow last night and went negative to -0.8. Had a high today of 6.6 and now am back down to 2.4 with a 12 mph breeze. Quite chilly. Toe river down in the valley below the house is already freezing up. You should be able to walk across it by Wed. It's been a few years since that happened.

25 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Picked up 2 more inches of snow last night and went negative to -0.8. Had a high today of 6.6 and now am back down to 2.4 with a 12 mph breeze. Quite chilly. Toe river down in the valley below the house is already freezing up. You should be able to walk across it by Wed. It's been a few years since that happened.

That is definitely winter !!  

14 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

That is definitely winter !!  

It's been a good one so far temp wise. I'm more of a snow guy so I wish we could get some more moisture in here. I have a feeling we're going to thaw in a couple of weeks and waste this air. Surely we can at least squeak out a decent flow snow event or something before then.

13 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

It's been a good one so far temp wise. I'm more of a snow guy so I wish we could get some more moisture in here. I have a feeling we're going to thaw in a couple of weeks and waste this air. Surely we can at least squeak out a decent flow snow event or something before then.

Yeah, this looks like a classic year where we will have 2 weeks of brutal cold and then it will warm up and rain.

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

very cold this morning with a low of negative 2! Looks like we may see some upslope events coming this week. A side note I may have a job up in Wisconsin. I would be working for the railroad up there. 

We would miss your regular postings, Met, but I understand that you've got to go where the employment opportunities take you.  You'd get quite a bit of snow and cold up there in Wiscy.

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

We would miss your regular postings, Met, but I understand that you've got to go where the employment opportunities take you.  You'd get quite a bit of snow and cold up there in Wiscy.

Yeah I appreciate it. Yes lots of cold. They average about 45 inches of snow. It is a great opportunity to make some really good money. We will see. I have the interview next Wednesday. Thank you. It would be a life changing move.

9 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah I appreciate it. Yes lots of cold. They average about 45 inches of snow. It is a great opportunity to make some really good money. We will see. I have the interview next Wednesday. Thank you. It would be a life changing move.

Good luck buddy! I have moved around since college and may be moving again myself but not sure yet. You have to go where opportunity knocks and unfortunately in Western NC there isnt much knocking...

48 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Lol we have some great newcomers. I really appreciate the kind words. Ill be around if I get the job though. Just not as much. Obviously Ill be joining the Great Lakes forum but yall will be just fine. 

Good luck on your interview Met. Wisconsin will be lucky to get you. I have been to Madison, and I thought it was beautiful. Different, but still nice. Their snow sticks around longer up there.

6 hours ago, Met1985 said:

very cold this morning with a low of negative 2! Looks like we may see some upslope events coming this week. A side note I may have a job up in Wisconsin. I would be working for the railroad up there. 

Good luck with your interview, and send some pics if you get the job. But we will miss you big time, You've been a great poster years! But as they say, Sometimes you got to go with the dough!!! 

21 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

Good luck on your interview Met. Wisconsin will be lucky to get you. I have been to Madison, and I thought it was beautiful. Different, but still nice. Their snow sticks around longer up there.

13 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Good luck with your interview, and send some pics if you get the job. But we will miss you big time, You've been a great poster years! But as they say, Sometimes you got to go with the dough!!! 

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. The little town i'm going to is called Stevens Point WI. It is for a train conductors job with CN. Yeah this will always be home but I need to go where I can grow in a company.

9 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Man, at least up there the weather is simple...cold. I hope that goes well for you man, but would hate to see you go!

3 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. The little town i'm going to is called Stevens Point WI. It is for a train conductors job with CN. Yeah this will always be home but I need to go where I can grow in a company.

Good luck man! You will probably take a hit in the snow dept as winters are fairly dry up there. You will start rooting for cutters then.

Good luck Met! We will miss you if you leave buddy. Contemplating making a trip today myself down east. I am supposed to go to Colorado next week though, so I may just keep the snow weenie inside until then, but who knows.. only a 4 hour drive to see some Thundersnow doesn’t sound that bad.

Archived