Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

12z GFS showing some major potential for friday. if it digs more, a low off Hatteras is perfect for us. 

Yes totally agree. Was just looking at this actually. A 1003 LP in that location almost always means business for 77 and west. Want to see what UK has to be say shortly. 

So, I know people are saying the setup for Friday's potential event is a lot like last weeks system, but I'm not buying the comparisons at all. Having said that, I do not really buy into any real shot of anything Friday or Saturday, a lot has to happen to have any moisture come from it, since it doesn't get it's act together til it's already around the VA coast. Will be interesting to watch though just in case. I hope you guys score with the clipper tomorrow evening, I'll be lucky to eek a dusting out so I'm not following it at all, but I know a lot of you guys are in a more prime position for it so enjoy!

1 hour ago, AsheCounty48 said:

So, I know people are saying the setup for Friday's potential event is a lot like last weeks system, but I'm not buying the comparisons at all. Having said that, I do not really buy into any real shot of anything Friday or Saturday, a lot has to happen to have any moisture come from it, since it doesn't get it's act together til it's already around the VA coast. Will be interesting to watch though just in case. I hope you guys score with the clipper tomorrow evening, I'll be lucky to eek a dusting out so I'm not following it at all, but I know a lot of you guys are in a more prime position for it so enjoy!

You seen the last NAM. I wasn't excited at all but it's very robust. Still probably not much more than an inch for me/you but still better than nothing. It'll be a nice winter day, no doubt.

Archived