Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the snow in the returns in and around Atlanta are great. The snow coming down at a nice clip and the flakes are massive and will stick pretty quickly. I worry about the band dying off in a few hours though(it sort of revives itself in 6-7 hours in NC in the form of scattered showers and banding based on the 11z HRR run).

6 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

This has truly been a surprising storm especially for the past 3 years. This is an absolute treat! Congratulations guys! Get out and enjoy!

Agree. It's still snowing here at biltmore and in franklin.  Wlos showed cashiers has 18"! What an incredible storm to start Dec with.

4 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Congrats on the snow at the beach, Don!

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Simply amazing, did some poking around and found out that the area averages snow once every 17 years! Now I'm not going to have to break out the shovel anytime soon but, there is something to be said about falling snow where it really shouldn't. Woke the wife up to witness it and you would think we were kids on Christmas morning! As always I'm happy for all of my WNC peeps for leading the way in the SE. If you're bummed about your totals just think about the Raleigh crew and what they had to go thru! Glad we all got to celebrate snow for this one. Heard on TWC that all 50 states have had at least a trace of snow in 2017.

10 hours ago, wncsnow said:

He has tons of angry comments on Facebook and is trying to justify why his forecast was so wrong.. But he is still making the same mistake.. Honestly it seems like he doesnt even look at models other than GFS and his in house RPM

The odd thing is on Wednesday evening Jason did mention that some models were showing higher amounts; I thought he was starting to hedge a bit for higher amounts after what happened last January.  But I didn't see him do this on the Thursday evening broadcast; however, didn't see the whole thing.  Anway, glad its not me in front of the camera trying to make that call.

3 minutes ago, NavarreDon said:

Simply amazing, did some poking around and found out that the area averages snow once every 17 years! Now I'm not going to have to break out the shovel anytime soon but, there is something to be said about falling snow where it really shouldn't. Woke the wife up to witness it and you would think we were kids on Christmas morning! As always I'm happy for all of my WNC peeps for leading the way in the SE. If you're bummed about your totals just think about the Raleigh crew and what they had to go thru! Glad we all got to celebrate snow for this one. Heard on TWC that all 50 states have had at least a trace of snow in 2017.

You are welcome to pop up here and shovel my driveway for old times' sake :)

Glad you got to see some snow!

Archived