Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I’m very late to give an OBS for this event, but I’m currently working on a project in Ducktown, TN near the N.C. state line in Polk co. When I left there at noon today there was about 4.5” on the ground and it was absolutely belting down. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that area had 8-10” now. And it isn’t under a winter storm warning from MRX. 

2 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

I just don't see it happening west of Asheville, maybe some NW flow for the border counties tomorrow

Oh yes it will!!  This system is amped up!

Take a look at the recent short range models. It has all of WNC snowing now until noon!  Then the upslope kicks in. We aren’t done by a long shot. 

http://wx.graphics/models/hrrr/hrrr.php

Looking at the radar, it looks like everyone is going to cash in tonight. The returns down to our sw are on a trajectory that would get everyone into the game. Also noticing some of the moisture over SC building a N/Nw movement. Anybody on the escarpment seeing solid rates? Radar looks like those areas should favor some upslope. 

4 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Looking at the radar, it looks like everyone is going to cash in tonight. The returns down to our sw are on a trajectory that would get everyone into the game. Also noticing some of the moisture over SC building a N/Nw movement. Anybody on the escarpment seeing solid rates? Radar looks like those areas should favor some upslope. 

Had great rates for the past hour or so. Total at 6.5 with moderate snow still falling. Hoping I can push 10 when the deform band sets up. Also, freezing fog is setting up right now. Not a good night to be out. 

Archived