Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

2 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

I'm losing a lot of respect for Blacksburg over this. Going to easily be winter storm criteria and they have nothing but an advisory. My grid still says 2" lol.

Roads are awful. Our district refuses to close early so my trip home later will no doubt be fun.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Agreed! If this is WWA criteria, I’d hate to see what WSW means to those guys 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ncjoaquin said:

" Expect storm totals generally to be 4 to 6 with isolated 8 inch values across the NC mountains"

This from the 1:15 AFD. They also say snow should continue all night. What am I missing, HT, lol?  I am already at 7 inches.

I know it.  I just sent in my report of 7" which is already busted their forecast.  Models are incredibly synced and insistent that it snows all night long.  We may very well top 12" at this rate.

10 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

" Expect storm totals generally to be 4 to 6 with isolated 8 inch values across the NC mountains"

This from the 1:15 AFD. They also say snow should continue all night. What am I missing, HT, lol?  I am already at 7 inches.

Not sure --- I was concerned about the lull in the radar, but it's still coming down quite nicely. 

AND you can definitely see the moisture back in Alabama moving NW.

10 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Downstream Radar returns are beginning to look like they are going through a shredder,appears

lots of dry air is being pulled in.

I'm not so quick to say this.  The "break" we are looking at is already filling in and the short-range models are in excellent (and I mean EXCELLENT) agreement that it snows all night long across the NC mountains.  Incredible!!

2 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

I'm not so quick to say this.  The "break" we are looking at is already filling in and the short-range models are in excellent (and I mean EXCELLENT) agreement that it snows all night long across the NC mountains.  Incredible!!

Ok cool..maybe its the radar site Im using..Just appears there is basically ziltch in North Georgia North of I85

12 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Even with the ragged returns, snow has kept falling.

3 minutes ago, Hvward said:

You guys having fun yet? Lol tried to leave the house to drive around and Monta Vista Rd. is a disaster. 8 cars stuck on the hill just past The Rock Church.

Yeah Ward the road conditions have gone downhill quick. It will be getting dark in about 2 hours with the heavy cloud cover. Things will continue to go downhill.

Archived