Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

6 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Like, Brad and Chris have upped their totals...but pretty sure they still need to double it lol. TWC has a storm total of 3 inches for me, I already have two inches. Busted forecasts everywhere.

What a strange storm. I wonder if any of the Weather Service offices or media outlets between WNC and Texas got this event right.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how sharp that cutoff is for precipitation on the west side of the storm. Literally like a brick wall. I love the orientation of this storm too, haven’t seen many have such a conveyor belt like path. Usually it’s too much west to east movement but this....it’s awesome! Absolutely love these plus side busts!

10 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Man, footprints where I was outside an hour ago are already almost completely covered. How much are we supposed to get with the second part tonight? Surely it will be lighter rates. 12 more hours of this and Asheville will easily get over a foot. Unreal. 

Based on the 16Z HRRR, the snow will continue, UNINTERRUPTED, with moderate to heavy at times, until 7am tomorrow morning.  NWS just put out their zone forecast package for AVL, it says, "Snow and Freezing Fog.  Snow accumulation of one inch"

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?!?!?

1 minute ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Based on the 16Z HRRR, the snow will continue, UNINTERRUPTED, with moderate to heavy at times, until 7am tomorrow morning.  NWS just put out their zone forecast package for AVL, it says, "

"

It says....... (anxiously awaiting)

Road conditions are going downhill fast. Moderate to heavy snow in Haywood with anywhere from 5 to 7 inches of snow that has already fallen in the county. Temps are dropping and roads are freezing up fast. Road crews cannot keep up with conditions currently and there have been wrecks on 19-23 and I-40 all day. 

2 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Based on the 16Z HRRR, the snow will continue, UNINTERRUPTED, with moderate to heavy at times, until 7am tomorrow morning.  NWS just put out their zone forecast package for AVL, it says, "

"

Holy cow...going to get real interesting tonight. 

I'm losing a lot of respect for Blacksburg over this. Going to easily be winter storm criteria and they have nothing but an advisory. My grid still says 2" lol.

Roads are awful. Our district refuses to close early so my trip home later will no doubt be fun.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Archived