Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Dudes, NAVGEM is scoring the freaking coup. GFS is a thing of beauty.

I can’t help but think I laughed when seeing the JMA posted several times in one day several days back. I must give kudos to it. It was fairly close in its depiction as well. 

11 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

GSP is in big trouble..what are they gonna do ? What if this verifies.. nobody has even mentioned snow where I live here in Graham County

same here on the other side of mountain...while we don't have the totals you guys get, the NW trend is gonna catch alot of people off guard. MRX is playing catch up, each update saying they may have to keep expanding more NW with advisories.

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Still: Radio silence from NWS in Blacksburg

Don’t hold your breath. You might turn purple. Blacksburg ALWAYS takes their sweet time updating. They’ll wait to see Euro and 6z runs before they release any products. Guess I can’t blame them here. Very evolving situation going on with the westward progression.

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Don’t hold your breath. You might turn purple. Blacksburg ALWAYS takes their sweet time updating. They’ll wait to see Euro and 6z runs before they release any products. Guess I can’t blame them here. Very evolving situation going on with the westward progression.

If anything is issued, it will come with the overnight package. WWA are likely and possibly WSW for a few lucky individuals.

38 minutes ago, NC_WX10 said:

Wow great run for all of of WNC So are we actually buying this gfs solution?

I'm not. Not that extreme anyways. It showed something similar last minute during last year's storm (so sad there was only one) and we only verified with about 8". I'm hoping for 2-4" 4", anything else is bonus. 

Also, the RGEM and GFS keep the precip around through 18z Saturday. 3km NAM is very spotty after 8-10z or so.

Archived