joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread

Tyler Penland

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 2 hours of this system was intense. Picked up a little over 2 inches in an hour and a half for a total of 4.11. Flash flood warning until 9:30. A lot more thunder and lightning than I thought there would be also. Wind seems to have subsided some with some sun peeking through now. Pretty cool.

Now, how about some cold and snow. Make it happen Met!

19 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

The last 2 hours of this system was intense. Picked up a little over 2 inches in an hour and a half for a total of 4.11. Flash flood warning until 9:30. A lot more thunder and lightning than I thought there would be also. Wind seems to have subsided some with some sun peeking through now. Pretty cool.

Now, how about some cold and snow. Make it happen Met!

Lol I'm going to do my best! The cold is coming, hopefully the snow is not too far behind. Impressive rainfall totals from most locals in WNC. We needed it. 

Good luck on y'alls first flakes. Hope it comes to fruition. No kidding though about the cold. Don't know if it's GFS and 18z at that. But it brings the 850 0c line into the FL panhandle. Just have to watch and see. But the 18z is the first time I've seen the 850 line in FL. If that continues then upper teens may not be out of the question for the apps. Going to be a shocker compared to recently.

12 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Now, this is more like it... already down to 35.7 and with a NW flow, inversion shouldn't be a problem. Let's kill some bugs tonight!!

Yep I have to agree Joe! After some clouds and a bit of drizzle earlier, we have clear skies with a temp of 37 degrees already. The first freeze will be tonight for sure!

Hey Mountain folk! I'm going to be visiting water rock knob over the weekend and I see there may be some rain/snow showers nearby. NWS is calling for rain right now and 34 in Waynesville.  What's the chance of me seeing some snow up near the top of water rock knob, 6,000 ft+? Waynesville is about 2500 elevation I think.  Will being up toward the top of the balsams make a big difference in P-type?  Trying to plan ahead if I have to worry about accumulating snow or not. 

1 hour ago, SnowNiner said:

Hey Mountain folk! I'm going to be visiting water rock knob over the weekend and I see there may be some rain/snow showers nearby. NWS is calling for rain right now and 34 in Waynesville.  What's the chance of me seeing some snow up near the top of water rock knob, 6,000 ft+? Waynesville is about 2500 elevation I think.  Will being up toward the top of the balsams make a big difference in P-type?  Trying to plan ahead if I have to worry about accumulating snow or not. 

Dang bro I live I  Haywood. You'll be in my backyard. Water rock knob is beautiful.  We have lots of great hiking. What day are you going?

59 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Dang bro I live I  Haywood. You'll be in my backyard. Water rock knob is beautiful.  We have lots of great hiking. What day are you going?

Yeah, extended family has a house up there. Been up several times, we're just going up for the weekend with some family friends.  Maybe a chance at some flakes?

Archived