SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2017 at 4:08 PM, Taylorsweather said:

be thankful lol.

Yep. Still have no power in my neighborhood. It may be out to Sunday. Even if it comes on phone lines and internet is apparently also out. Streets are also still clogged with trees and power lines in some areas. I have never witnessed this kind of storm or damage here - it's unreal. 

On 9/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, mackerel_sky said:

Just had the strongest gust of the day! Had to be 65-70mph! Now that it's dark, the morning light should show a lot of tree damage!! If there's already a lot down, and what we've had the last 2 hours!

Mack, I live in western pickens county just south of hwy. 11 and we had winds from 4pm until about 2 am that gusted well in excess of 50 mph and probably like you experienced 60-70 mph winds. Never seen anything like it before and hope I never do, it was like being in a severe thunderstorm for hours and hours that never went away. Weather lady on channel 7 at 7pm on monday said winds were sustained at 35 mph & gusting to 61 mph in clemson at that time then our power went out just a few minutes later and was out for over 24 hours. We are about 25 minutes north of there.

We had trees and power lines down everywhere with numbers of power poles that were snapped in two in our area and also liberty and pickens. We still had people without power earlier today in this area but, I think they are finally back on the grid. I saw the NWS gust max map for our area and there was nothing over 50. The winds we experienced where much higher then that to do all the damage that was done. If you remember the blizzard (Superstorm of March 93) the winds sounded exactly like it did that day. Being completely in the dark and hearing the really loud roar from the wind for hours was pretty nerve racking....

On 9/14/2017 at 9:10 PM, NCSNOW said:

Just read an article linked of the drudge report.

The island of Barbuda has 0 humans on it right now. Beleive they had 1800 full time citizens, residents. Anyway. Over 90% structures destroyed. No electricity, potable water etc. 

Good thing too as most models have it in or very near another storm mid week....

Archived