Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Heaviest rain of the day and pretty gusty wind from time to time, may have touched 40mph in gusts! 

School gonna wait until 6 pm on closings or delays tomorrow ! A couple of counties are already on a 2 hour delay

I'm a GCSD teacher and I'm banking on at least a 2 hour delay, if not more. If Greenville county has widespread power outages, I don't think we will have it at all.  Not sure how many outages there are as of yet though.

Just now, Ollie'sMom said:

I'm a GCSD teacher and I'm banking on at least a 2 hour delay, if not more. If Greenville county has widespread power outages, I don't think we will have it at all.  Not sure how many outages there are as of yet though.

Just in: Greenville county schools closed! I work for the district too!

28 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

12,300 without power in Greenville county alone! Also a death in Greenwood, I believe , man was out picking up debris in his yard, big limb broke off another tree , hit and killed him! Y'all be safe out there!

man was crushed near atlanta when a tree fell on his house. 

I hope folks in atlanta don't think just because the rain to the east is getting lighter the wind is because i heard two on air mets say that....there has been no let up in the wind here...and the rain has been considerably lighter here for a while. in fact, just had a 51 mph gust a few minutes ago. 

looks like around 1.5 million in georgia without power so far. Still have it here...and i consider that a miracle to be honest. got all my digits crossed. 

btw, STILL no update by FFC. sigh. 

39 minutes ago, Lookout said:

man was crushed near atlanta when a tree fell on his house. 

I hope folks in atlanta don't think just because the rain to the east is getting lighter the wind is because i heard two on air mets say that....there has been no let up in the wind here...and the rain has been considerably lighter here for a while. in fact, just had a 51 mph gust a few minutes ago. 

looks like around 1.5 million in georgia without power so far. Still have it here...and i consider that a miracle to be honest. got all my digits crossed. 

btw, STILL no update by FFC. sigh. 

What kind of update are you looking for?  LSRs and other info has been coming out steadily. 

Saw the tweet and report of 1.5 million too. I'm curious about what you remember as the most people in GA without power from any event (ice storm or hurricane)?  

6 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Duke just told my friend they are not going to restore power until the winds drop below 20 MPH gust. Fireman said trees and lines down everywhere. We are lucky to still have power. Every house on our street has no power except us and 4 others. Hurricane party. Wooooo

It hasn't even flickered here! * knock on wood*

1 hour ago, gman said:

AccuWeather's Frank Strait just tweeted this.

"So far, the peak water level in Charleston from #Irma is 3rd highest on record, worse than Matthew." 

duration trumps speed.....the 2 worst surges on the Pamlico River here in eastern NC all time are TS Dennis and Hurricane Irene, both put more water in the river than much stronger hurricanes. 

Archived