Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, lost in all the wind reports here is just how lucky we are here with the high pressure to our north with cooler air in place since under a normal early September pattern, we would be in prime territory for a tropical system Tornado outbreak.  Under a similar track, if it was close to 80 degrees or so with any kind of breaks in the clouds, we would have most likely seen numerous tornado touchdowns today.

Well just lost another tree..(about 15 minutes ago) ..it fell when the wind was only gusting to 40. Winds seemed to let up for about 5 minutes and then bam..had a gust to 60 a few moments ago.  the highest  yet...tree top level had to be higher. Made the house shake. Insane the power is still on...for now. 

32 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Yep,  big tree down on my way home.  Hopefully it doesn't get much worse.  Me and the family are home now and hunkered down. 

I wish it wouldn't get any worse but it seems the present conditions will last at least several more hours here. Am really  Worried about the other trees. the back edge of the rain isn't too far off but it seems to be more convective which makes me worry a little

Chris, you will like this. Glenn Burns just said, "there are a lot of dead and dying trees in north Georgia. You may not know it because they have leaves but trees die from the inside out. Next time, you may want to have an arborist to check out all of your trees".  LOL! Must be nice to have Glenn Burns money.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Cornelia, GA 9KAJR) reporting a gust to 51.8. Gainesville station appears to be offline.

Calm as can be here in NW NC. Good luck to you guys down south.

The site lookout posted earlier just updated. We just had a 56 mph gust a couple of min ago. Power is out and limbs are flying everywhere. Pretty wild I have to admit (I am near Cornelia).  The power went out just as that big gust hit lol

53 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Charleston always floods. Just to what level. I think I read about the same level as Matthew last year. 

Yup, downtown is built largely on 18th and 19th century landfill so its elevation is low on top of however much settling the land itself has done.

More or less across the river from Mt Pleasant St I'd say the peak surge came out maybe a couple of feet higher than Matthew.

8 minutes ago, NEGa said:

The site lookout posted earlier just updated. We just had a 56 mph gust a couple of min ago. Power is out and limbs are flying everywhere. Pretty wild I have to admit (I am near Cornelia).  The power went out just as that big gust hit lol

Yeah just saw that link. I've just had this up all day: http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KAJR&time=GMT

Same data just the one station. HEMC has doubled their power outages in the last 20-30 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Yeah just saw that link. I've just had this up all day: http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KAJR&time=GMT

Same data just the one station. HEMC has doubled their power outages in the last 20-30 minutes.

Thanks for that link - already bookmarked it lol. It's a great one.  It's pretty wild around here now. Ga power outage map showing quite a few more on each update it seems

Archived