• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

Just now, DixieBlizzard said:

No worries! Glenn Burns is all over it! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

lol...omg..i saw him yesterday for the first time in forever and holy hell it was painful.  i swear it's everything i can do not to just start yelling profanities the moment he starts talking.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lookout said:

lol...omg..i saw him yesterday for the first time in forever and holy hell it was painful.  i swear it's everything i can do not to just start yelling profanities the moment he starts talking.

I don't think I ever laughed so hard after he started predicting pop-up thunderstorms on his new in-house model and your subsequent rants. Anyway, it's getting a little breezier here in Ellijay but so far I think the Cohuttas have cut into our wind speed.

1 minute ago, WXinCanton said:

61mph gust at Hartsfield

Pretty impressive to have it so soon.....had my first 50mph gust a little while, ago.....top so far is 54 and that was with pretty light rain falling.  I'm about to get into a very impressive band/heavy returns ...gonna be interesting

I'm getting the wind for sure but I'm not seeing 3-4 inches of rain out of this. The darker yellow and orange bands seem to dissipate as the enter the upstate..at least the nw corner. Same would apply for NEGa it looks like. I was thinking the mountains would help enhance bit this isn't a normal situation I understand.

28 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Peak here about 35 so far.

The field the wind is coming across here is about 1/4 of a mile long (1/3rd mile to the ESE) and my house is on  top of a small hill in comparison to boot.  Fortunately, all my trees are on the southern/western end of my yard..

Hartsfield is now sustained at 38 mph...impressive...gusting to 53. 

edit...Winds gusting to 48 at anderson last hour. now more than 500,000 without power 

edit again..meanwhile in rome and northwest ga in general..winds are only about 10 to 15 mph 

18 minutes ago, Lookout said:

The field the wind is coming across here is about 1/4 of a mile long (1/3rd mile to the ESE) and my house is on  top of a small hill in comparison to boot.  Fortunately, all my trees are on the southern/western end of my yard..

Hartsfield is now sustained at 38 mph...impressive...gusting to 53. 

edit...Winds gusting to 48 at anderson last hour. now more than 500,000 without power 

edit again..meanwhile in rome and northwest ga in general..winds are only about 10 to 15 mph 

They just had a break in on our local news (wyff4) and they showed a model that had sustained winds here and your way, at 25-35 mph this evening, gusts to 50mph! That would be crazy to have 35 sustained! Now it's almost calm between 20-30 gusts! The bands have the strongest winds, but as mentioned, as the bands approach, they are falling apart. Would be shocked if I got more than an inch of rain!

26 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

They just had a break in on our local news (wyff4) and they showed a model that had sustained winds here and your way, at 25-35 mph this evening, gusts to 50mph! That would be crazy to have 35 sustained! Now it's almost calm between 20-30 gusts! The bands have the strongest winds, but as mentioned, as the bands approach, they are falling apart. Would be shocked if I got more than an inch of rain!

Winds are sustained here at 20 to 25mph consistently....had a gust to 58 a little while ago ...and it just blew down one of my oaks....somehow it didn't actually bust through the shed. 

athens had a gust to 52. hartsfield with a sustained 43mph wind with gust to 59 a little while ago. 

20170911_145710.png

Archived