Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LithiaWx said:

My forecast is now 30-40mph sustained with gusts to 55.  Isolated 70mph gusts just to the east of the center. 5" of rain with isolated 8".   It hopefully doesn't disappoint.  This could be a good show for a weather nerd around here.

Did Brick move to Lithia? :)

I think the winds will underperform, but I guess we will see. Out and about this evening at dusk, winds were zero , but have been fairly gusty most of the day. Rain is almost on me , according to radar

25 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Did Brick move to Lithia? :)

I think the winds will underperform, but I guess we will see. Out and about this evening at dusk, winds were zero , but have been fairly gusty most of the day. Rain is almost on me , according to radar

She's spending a long time over land.  Makes me think those 60+ mph gusts will be hard to come by tomorrow evening.

9 hours ago, LithiaWx said:

She's spending a long time over land.  Makes me think those 60+ mph gusts will be hard to come by tomorrow evening.

Its tough to say the 850's are still up so you weenies have a chance.....keep a eye downstream. they getting gust to 60 close to the core, you should see least 40-50 if she keeps this heading longer.

41 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Its tough to say the 850's are still up so you weenies have a chance.....keep a eye downstream. they getting gust to 60 close to the core, you should see least 40-50 if she keeps this heading longer.

NWS bumped my wind speeds back up a bit.  The core is going to pass just to my SW this evening.  If only the radar looked like this during a winter storm!

Just had a gust to 37mph. My problem is i have a large field to my north, northeast, and east so there is nothing to slow easterly winds and they are already gusting high. About as expected though as the models showed winds really starting to pick up by 9 to 10am. 

.  Euro still showing silly high gusts which i think are over done somewhat..and current observations support that. So i'd go with the gfs.  Gfs and nam soundings showing 55 to 60 knot winds at 925 to 950mb...so widespread and frequent gusts of 55 to 65mph seem likely....possibly as high as  70 somewhere if strong enough convection occurs. 

So to show how little it really matters where the actual center goes, the gfs shows the highest gusts over south carolina. In fact the nam and gfs both are showing the highest 925mb to 950mb winds over sc the past few runs. Considering there will be stronger convection in south carolina that could bring those winds to the surface, wouldn't be shocked if some of the top gusts occur in sc. 

NAM_221_2017091106_F12_WSPD_925_MB.png

GFS_3_2017091106_F12_WSPD_925_MB.png

us_model-en-087-0_modusa_2017091106_14_508_377.png

us_model-en-087-0_modusa_2017091106_15_508_377.png

Rain at an inch an hour, gusts 50-60ish and these spin ups are no joke   :lol:     The sound of a jet engine has been steady since about 5ish and the clouds are whipping by. High tide is in a couple of hrs and will be higher than it was during Matthew. Hunting Island lighthouse/north/south beach has been under water since yesterday :(  

Under a flash flood warning, tornado watch(periodic warnings) and my power just came back on :wub: 

Moderate rain, winds in the mid-20s gusting into the 40s. Sitting around 75 right now. Over the last couple of hours we've gone up about 10 degrees when the tropical airmass hit.

Otherwise, nothing intersting. I've been looking at a few trees across the street that I'd say would be the most likely culprits to lose limbs but they're just moving around. Will go check out the storm surge in another hour or two.

just rain and a little breezy here so far - even though we are under a high wind warning.  I see some of the forecasted winds here, but since the storm kept shifting to the west I will be surprised if they reach that high here.  as a side note, the northeast wind has been noticeable - so where is the wind with a good cad and moisture moving in when we need it in the winter lol

Archived