Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricanes/Typhoons and Earthquakes/Tremors

LibertyBell

19 hours ago, Windspeed said:
19 hours ago, Paragon said:
Your points are definitely well taken.  I would never state that there was a causal relationship between most earthquakes and TCs, they are only talking about a specific subset they've statistically analyzed.  The last article, which was from Science seems to expand on the matter a bit.

Also, the Sophisticated Skeptic person seems to be bringing in other things into the discussion which I wouldn't think have much bearing on the matter.

This has nothing to do with solar activity.

I'm sure when the Sun goes into Red Giant phase in five billion years or the next large foreign cosmic body impacts the Earth, it'll cause some earthquakes. Otherwise, for now, at least, I won't be terrified of the New Madrid Fault giving way during the next Camille-like monster on the Gulf Coast.

Actually the earth will probably be uninhabitable in 1 billion years or so because of the temperature fluctuations that will happen even prior to the red giant phase.

We should be colonizing space well before then (or will likely be extinct due to our own activities on earth- fossil fuel extraction, overpopulation, bad farming practices, nuclear war, etc.)

PS talked to a couple of seismologists about it and they read the articles and said the quake in LA that was a 3.6 the night before last comes closer to fitting the category of the type of quakes the authors of the 2 research papers are talking about as does the following Magnitude 3.8 earthquake 7 miles from Albion, Illinois · Sep 19, 7:47 AM (directly copied that from his message since I don't know where Albion is.)

Archived